2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

TWM Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by c2vette
One note for you folks in the cold climate. You'll need driving gloves in the morning. Once the aluminum knob cold soaks it will just about give you frost bite, even gets a bit chilly here in California. The stainless would be a little better since it has lower thermal conductivity, but a leather cover might be the ultimate way to go.
it is quite cold indeed, but mine seems to warm up relatively quick. i plan to find some kind of cover thing, kinda like a shifter sock, i can put on it over night, and throw it in the dash cubby when i get in to leave in the mornings.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Yonash
Chevy SS, if you could just drive an SS with this thing for 10 minutes, you'd go straight home and order one, no joke. i thought the stock shifter felt great! of course, all i had to compare it to was my dad's 81 Toyota truck, my sister's 87 Dodge Colt, and my brother's old 2001 Jeep. compared to those the stock one is fantastic. but get one of these bad boys in there...and you realize the stock one isn't as wonderful as you thought. not bad, by any means, just nothing compared to this piece of art
Dang, well maybe once my debit card cools off I will have to check it out.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by c2vette
One note for you folks in the cold climate. You'll need driving gloves in the morning. Once the aluminum knob cold soaks it will just about give you frost bite, even gets a bit chilly here in California. The stainless would be a little better since it has lower thermal conductivity, but a leather cover might be the ultimate way to go.
Yep, been there before with a Hurst Shifter, keep a blow touch in the car to warm
Old 01-05-2009, 10:13 AM

Yonash, who painted your dash? It looks just like mine.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by turbotech
Yonash, who painted your dash? It looks just like mine.
me i thought it added just the right amount of flair to an otherwise plain looking dash, all black is normally quite nice, but higher grade materials help that aspect out on a dash. we have plastic, so i thought i'd paint it.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Yonash
it is quite cold indeed, but mine seems to warm up relatively quick. i plan to find some kind of cover thing, kinda like a shifter sock, i can put on it over night, and throw it in the dash cubby when i get in to leave in the mornings.
Keeping the shifter warm here in the far white north is impossible so a "shifter sock" isn't an answer. I've found that if you cut the bottom third off a Racquetball it will fit snugly over this shift ball, insulating my hand from the frosty shifter and is easily removed once things warns up. Finding a ball in the colour I like however is usually a chalenage
Old 01-05-2009, 06:54 PM

My shifter is arriving tomorrow for my 07 1lt, will let ya'll know how it goes.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by Canuck
Finding a ball in the colour I like however is usually a chalenage
Yes, blue balls are not the most popular color
Old 01-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by XXL
you got the picture, not a pretty sight
Old 01-05-2009, 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by XXL
.............................. what did I miss? I'm sure you are not talking about what came to mind first...

Quick Reply: TWM Short Shifter