2.2L Performance Tech 16 valve 143 hp EcoTec with 150 lb-ft of torque

New performance mod for the 2.2 enignes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by The Curly 1
The main problem is one of the sensors is different. I will try to find out exactly what sensor it is and try to find one that will work with the 2008 harness and 2007 intake.
I had the same problem I used a 06 2.4 intake for my 07 2.2 the stock sensor from the 06 was smaller than the 07.All I had to do was drill out the hole the same size as my 07 sensor.

The only other thing different was my sensor had a 10 mm. bolt that the 06 intake did not have but it still went on nice and tight.
Attached Images   
Old 12-09-2008, 06:13 AM

Thats it!

Thats it! That is the little POS that gave me all of the problems!

What sensor is that?
Old 12-09-2008, 07:49 AM

That's the MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor. If you can figure out the wiring (5V, signal and ground) you could splice the harness.

BTW, if anyone's interested in this setup, I have a 2.4 LE5 manifold with gaskets, the sensor and throttle body. PM me.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:15 AM

So you are pretty sure they are the same?

Joe, So you are pretty sure they are the same?
At this point I would rather splice the harness than ream the hole in the intake because I do not want to take off the intake again.
As a temporary fix I just put a short vacuum hose on a nipple in the existing hole as an adaptor so I could use the stock sensor.
It works and I would probably never have a problem with it but it is not right and I do not like it. I would prefer a cleaner more proffesional looking installation on that sensor.

Performance- I noticed immediatly the car runs much better at higher RPM. Yesterday I was playing with it and it will spin the tires hard on take off now and it would not do that before. Now it was very cool outside (in the 40's) which helps make power and hurts traction but I think it has helped the low end quite a bit too.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:50 PM

At this point I would rather splice the harness than ream the hole in the intake because I do not want to take off the intake again.
You only have to pull off the fuel rail to get to the sensor and drill it out.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:15 AM

How hard is it to remove fuel rail?

What size did you ream it to?

I do not like the idea of reaming the hole because I do not want anything to go down into my engine.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:46 PM

What size did you ream it to?

I do not like the idea of reaming the hole because I do not want anything to go down into my engine.
Fuel rail is easy if you use a new sharp drill bit and go slow the plastic should stay in one piece.You just need to mic the sensor and then use a bit a fraction larger.The hole on mine is a 2 step so I had to drill out the smaller bottom one 1st then the bigger one last.

Just take a look at your old intake first to see what you need to do too your new one.The best bet is take your old one and just find the drill bits that fit tight in the holes.You are only drilling plastic if you get a tiny piece that falls in the intake and gets sucked in the engine it will just burn it.Or you could take off the throttle body and catch anything that might fall in.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:11 PM

Joe, So you are pretty sure they are the same?
As a temporary fix I just put a short vacuum hose on a nipple in the existing hole as an adaptor so I could use the stock sensor.
It works and I would probably never have a problem with it but it is not right and I do not like it. I would prefer a cleaner more proffesional looking installation on that sensor.

Performance- I noticed immediatly the car runs much better at higher RPM. Yesterday I was playing with it and it will spin the tires hard on take off now and it would not do that before. Now it was very cool outside (in the 40's) which helps make power and hurts traction but I think it has helped the low end quite a bit too.
Curly,
You might want to PM ChevyMgr (Brad) about the connectors and wiring. He'll be able to help.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:41 PM

My question would be:
How does this affect an everyday driver? I dont need to burn tires at the stop signs or run 125mph to work. Will this give me better mileage? passing?? a little more pep??

Thanks
:)
Old 01-04-2009, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by ebritt
My question would be:
How does this affect an everyday driver? Will this give me better mileage? passing?? a little more pep??

Thanks
:)
I am getting 42-43 mpg at 60 mph up 8 mpg but I also ported my cast iron header at the same time and put on a cold air intake.I now have alot of torque steer when I floor it.So it is making more horse power as well as increased mpg never got it to the dyno before I put it away for the winter.

Quick Reply: New performance mod for the 2.2 enignes...