2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Injection is Nice, But.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:54 PM
Premium Member

I have one of them too, but I dont like the way it covers the dic. I might have to make one with the scrap one that Tuanies gave me.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by SS fan
I have one of them too, but I dont like the way it covers the dic. I might have to make one with the scrap one that Tuanies gave me.
I just look around it. lol

A Dual would have been Nice, but I Had to do something to house both my gauges without waiting any longer.

Hey SS fan do a favor to another HHR guy who's Supercharging their HHR, I think a couple more are planning it or have already started and offer up that spare HHR SS pillar pod if you are not gonna use it as is.

(I already got one so I don't mean me on this one)

I mean if your already gonna fab up one, sell the SS one to another in need, you can get the plain drivers side pillars real cheap on ebay, and get a universal dual pod to fab up your new dual pod. If your gonna be fabbing one up anyways, might as well sell the 1 pod SS one to someone who wants one.

Unless your gonna use that one in your Panel of course.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:31 AM
Rest In Peace

Purchased the 2 Credits I needed from HPTuners.

So thats now done and out of the way.

I can TUNE Morticia at any time now. (Ok so I got ALOT to Learn First.)
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 AM

yeah SS fan help some of us non SS guys out (namely me) by selling that pillar pod.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Rest In Peace

The HHR SS front pillars arrived today in the mail.

I will get the drivers side one prepped, painted and ready for my Glow Shift Boost Gauge.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Rest In Peace

My parts are collected and I was planning on starting my install on Jan. 11th. But I may hold off until Feb.

I have been sick with this damn cold/flu thing the last several weeks now!
I start feeling better than BAM right back downhill. Finally broke down and went to the Dr. Got myself a prescription have taken all of it and still feeling like sh ! t here.

Hopefully the meds kick this thing in the a s s soon.

My Aunt (52 years old) died this week of a brain aneurysm, she had surgery Drs. said next 2 weeks critical and could have more brain bleeds. 1 week after surgery she had another massive bleed and there was no saving her.

Her wake and funeral are this weekend so the install would have been postponed even if I wasn't sick. I gotta drive out of town in the morning to attend. R I P.

I called my buddy at his shop this morning to cancel starting the install this evening. He was actually happy I was calling to cancel because he also has been battling this flu bug for a week now himself.

We get Snow in Feb and March and some in April has happened.

Wth Winter here and threat of Snow/Salt on any given day I am better off just waiting a bit longer to Avoid any salt on the roads since I have my HHR Parked for the Winter. Even tho I know the Salt is BAD for Morticia, I would be tempted as ever to go out on the road with her after the install, can't trust myself and know it, even tho I want to Avoid all Salt contact .

So far (Knock on Wood) snow has for the most part eluded us this year.

Currently 39 degrees and Raining here in the Chicago area. Gonna be 60 on Friday, then temps drop.

I sure Hope Feb./March is also pretty much snowless.

Well thats the lastest update here, sorry guys I would Love to be at my buddys shop right now this evening tearing Morticia apart but sh ! t happens.

Will try for mid Feb. now.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member

A&P- Sorry to learn of your Aunt's early passing man.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by sleeper
A&P- Sorry to learn of your Aunt's early passing man.
Thanks.

I'm 51 gets Scary getting older.

Totally unexpected, she had a head ache for 3 days her husband finally talked her into going to the hospital.
Life is so fragile we gotta Enjoy it while we are here.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Platinum Member

True, enjoy it, is right. I'm of 1955 vintage...
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 AM

Sorry for your loss AP.

I had the flu as well and my sickness lingered for more than 3 weeks. Its been pretty bad in our area this year. Milwaukee and other cities have so many coming in for flu treatment that they've had to set up tents outside for patients. It is unreal how easily it spreads.

Quick Reply: Injection is Nice, But.....