2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

Injection is Nice, But.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:16 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
Sorry for your loss AP.

I had the flu as well and my sickness lingered for more than 3 weeks. Its been pretty bad in our area this year. Milwaukee and other cities have so many coming in for flu treatment that they've had to set up tents outside for patients. It is unreal how easily it spreads.
Thanks Jason.

I'm still not feeling 100% yet, but hopefully soon.

I bought a Moroso Tank for an Option B Tank.

Moroso Tank arrived today.

It's 4.5 "wide 5.5"tall 3"deep.Embossed with MOROSO on it not just a sticker.

Name:  Moroso-Expansion-Tank-2-WEB_zps7c714d72.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  20.8 KB

Name:  Moroso-Expansion-Tank-1-WEB_zpscad3e43c.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  17.7 KB

Just gotta order up a Moroso radiator cap for it. And get a couple barbed fittings or AN fittings for braided hoses.

This WILL be my "option b" tank.

Should look much better than just trying to shove/cram the Cobalt tank in someplace.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Rest In Peace

Saw this Corvette dual filter setup and thinking Maybe I could use it on Morticia.

Name:  Corvette-Dual-Filter-Cropped-WEB_zps997296f5.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  9.0 KB

Might look good with the Supercharger. Haven't ordered it yet, only $59.00 bucks to give it a try.

I will have a fully functional cowl hood so not too worried about heat under the hood.

Looking for a setup that don't hide the motor as much as the K&N or the GMPP ones I have but also Different that the CGS one I have, something no one else has would be kinda Nice.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:06 PM

Left a comment on your thread here over at the cobalt site. What's going on with build? I just got my headers/exhaust done. Cams going in next week then on to clutch and ect before sc install in end of May early June.

Did you also replace your heads? Rods? Before, during or after cam install?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:19 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by silverstreet
Left a comment on your thread here over at the cobalt site. What's going on with build? I just got my headers/exhaust done. Cams going in next week then on to clutch and ect before sc install in end of May early June.

Did you also replace your heads? Rods? Before, during or after cam install?

If it aint one thing it's another, a death in my family postponed starting. Then my shop owners mother in law passed away, she lived in Las Vegas, so he has been flying out on the weekends to help his wife go through the house and take care of all the things that need to be done. So i'm just waiting on all the family business to be taken care of.
My SC project can wait, I just keep polishing and reading. No hurry.

Recently I was testing out my older XP laptop to find out the 2 batteries I had for it were Both pretty weak, only lasting about 30 minutes each. Not good.

I don't use the laptop much just keep it plugged in on the living room coffee table , if I wanna hit the web while watching TV.

I was gonna use it as my Tuning device, I had already put HP Tuners Pro on it. Glad I decided to Unplug the laptop and Test the battery life Before Bricking Morticia's computer.

So I have been wanting to replace my older laptop but did not want to buy one for 300-600.00 bucks when I just don't use it all that often. I'll keep the XP laptop plugged in on the table until it dies.
XXL posted a Dell Inspiron Mini 1012 10" mini notebook computer in the classifieds. He used it for Tuning with HP Tuners.

Perfect timing for XXL to put his Dell up for sale I was getting ready to just go buy a new laptop that I didn't want to buy but Had to to move on with my performance mods. Nice and small with a 10 inch screen for sitting in the HHR data logging.

This little Windows 7 Dell machine I bought was reasonably priced (150.00 Shipped) for a Dedicated Tuning Machine, all I will use it for is HP Tuners Pro Tuning Morticia. Nice Long battery life too.

I am Swapping my OEM Head with the Cammed Ported Head I bought from hhrfreek.

Bottom end is staying stock, unless/until I blow it up. I'm not too worried about it tho, she's my Toy not my needed daily driver.

Morticia was pretty much Parked all winter, I took her out a couple times when the streets were totally Dry just to keep things lubed up.

I read your now going with a turbo, good luck and have Fun with that install.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:05 AM
Rest In Peace

I moved most of the parts over to my buddies shop.

I'm just putting the finishng touches on the M-62 this week and hopefully we can get started very soon without anything else happening that postpones this project. (fingers crossed)

I'll do a Final buffing, polishing, then a wax this week and i'm Done with it. Good Enough.
I can take it off next winter and do more buffing if needed. I figure twice a year to remove the SC and rebuff it to maintain it anyways. Plus weekly upkeep on the easy to get at areas that are seen.

I want to get going on this ASAP now.

Name:  DSC_2808_zps5fbc1965.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  110.5 KB

Name:  DSC_2809_zpsa0ee8b41.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  136.4 KB

Name:  DSC_2831_zps8d715ef1.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  120.0 KB

Name:  DSC_2829_zps16735b00.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  100.3 KB

Looked like this when I got it.

Name:  f51a7ba0.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  6.1 KB
Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 AM
Platinum Member

Zoops makes a killer aluminum sealer.. Keeps the shine shining, for long time anyhow..

http://www.zoops.com/

AP-
Look forward to updates !!!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by sleeper
Zoops makes a killer aluminum sealer.. Keeps the shine shining, for long time anyhow..

http://www.zoops.com/

AP-
Look forward to updates !!!
I believe Zoops stopped making that sealer, I was gonna buy some awhile back and it's gone off the site. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Yeah i'm looking forward to updates on this project too.

Been far too long, I want to have some FUN with Morticia this Spring and Summer thats for sure.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Platinum Member

Haven't bought any zoops in a while. Figured since I still have some they should too..

Blower is looking good, I'm sure you are more than ready for it, & the head, cams & etc.