2.4L Performance Tech 16 valve 172 hp EcoTec with 162 lb-ft of torque

turbo for a 2006 2.4L

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
I have been running the ZZP SC kit for almost a year now. I bet their turbo kit would work as well. It fit fine with minor adjustments in the engine bay.
Are you able to share exactly what adjustments were needed?
Old 04-30-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Are you able to share exactly what adjustments were needed?
Sure thang! It really depends how you want to set up your air intake. I was not able to set it up with the kits air intake because of where our ECM is located. I basically cut the plastic bracket out of the car for the ECM mount and relocated the ECM under the fuse box just above the trans. This gave me enough room to place the MAF tube and filter just fine. Though since then I did a custom CAI with 3.5" to 3" tubing that routes down into the front fascia where my fog light holes are. I replaced the plastic vents with a wire mesh and placed my filter behind it. Now this is for an HHR without ABS. I may be wrong but I think the ABS system sits in front of our ECM which I dont have so I had plenty of room. Even then I think it'd be possible to adjust for that. The only other thing was the S3 H/E that comes with the kit is too big for the HHR fascia. I was just going to buy the SS fascia but those are super pricey and it would have eliminated my sleeper effect I had to cut away a little bit of the lower portion to get it to fit. If you let them know you need a smaller one I'm sure they could sub it. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days of my build for you guys to check out.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:14 PM

BTW, my 2006 2.4 turbo is running very nice! Just need to add a boost controller and then maybe next year bigger turbo.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
BTW, my 2006 2.4 turbo is running very nice! Just need to add a boost controller and then maybe next year bigger turbo.
Care to share the details on your setup? Current turbo , boost. All done on the stock engine? (pistons , cams , etc) Dyno?
Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by PhoS
Care to share the details on your setup? Current turbo , boost. All done on the stock engine? (pistons , cams , etc) Dyno?
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-4l-performance-tech-14/my-2006-2-4-turbo-hhr-26148/
Old 05-15-2011, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by prod
Hey JoeR, Ive been seriously considering the S/C mod for my 2008 2.2. Do you have any experience with doing one on an auto trans? It looks like there is less room at the front due to the engine being angled forward more. Im wondering if there is still enough room for the blower when the engine rocks under acceleration.
Auto trans has been done. My manual is rotated with custom mounts also. No issue there. Be careful with any header and downpipe choices though.

Hey, since this thread was created about turbos, how about keeping any S/C discussion in another thread as a courtesy and to avoid any confusion.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by hhrfreek
Sure thang! It really depends how you want to set up your air intake. I was not able to set it up with the kits air intake because of where our ECM is located. I basically cut the plastic bracket out of the car for the ECM mount and relocated the ECM under the fuse box just above the trans. This gave me enough room to place the MAF tube and filter just fine. Though since then I did a custom CAI with 3.5" to 3" tubing that routes down into the front fascia where my fog light holes are. I replaced the plastic vents with a wire mesh and placed my filter behind it. Now this is for an HHR without ABS. I may be wrong but I think the ABS system sits in front of our ECM which I dont have so I had plenty of room. Even then I think it'd be possible to adjust for that. The only other thing was the S3 H/E that comes with the kit is too big for the HHR fascia. I was just going to buy the SS fascia but those are super pricey and it would have eliminated my sleeper effect I had to cut away a little bit of the lower portion to get it to fit. If you let them know you need a smaller one I'm sure they could sub it. I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days of my build for you guys to check out.
You're lucky you don't have ABS!! You should see where that is in relation the S/C throttle body!