Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust
View Poll Results: What Color Would Look Best With Cashmere Interior
Birdseye Burlwood
19.44%
Honey Burlwood
16.67%
Medium Burlwood
47.22%
Platinum Burlwood
16.67%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Color Ideas For Dash Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:44 PM

I'm beginning to lean in the direction of the Medium Burlwood. I think I may contact these folks and see if they can send me some samples...sure would make the decision much easier I'm sure. Thanks to everyone for all the great information and links. Hopefully once all the dust settles with the Honda wreck I can move on with my HHR mods.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:52 PM

deb let me know if they will send you samples one company i talked to wanted 12 bucks for 4 samples and shipping!!?? i thought what the hell!! any who let me know!! thanx
Old 09-27-2006, 05:35 PM

I have emailed them and let them know that this forum has 2000+ members and we are interested in doing business with them. Asked if they could send me a scrap of several colors. Will let you know when I hear from them.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:52 PM

JoeR's interior

Deb, this may help you visualize. I used the edash kit and found the quality to be great. Others may be just as good, but if you look at others available you'll find that what the pieces cover does vary. Depends on what you want. I bought the full kit, but only used some of the the pieces. It is the Medium Burlwood, which I think is a good match for the Cashmere interior. I found that this was the only one I found that covered the background on the window switches. GM used a "generic" color on the window switches, radio, and steering wheel buttons that really isn't a good match for either the gray or tan interior. Kind of a "cost comprimise". It all boils down to personal preferences and choice. Good luck! Here's a couple of pics of mine....

Old 09-27-2006, 06:52 PM

Company has responded to my email and asked for my address and colors I am considering...so it looks like I should have some sample shortly. Asked them to ship me a scrap piece large enough to give me a notion of what it will look like. So...I should have my hands on the 4 here shortly. Also asked them so send anything else they had for the HHR that they thought would look nice with tan/cashmere interior.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:07 PM

Wow...that looks awesome. I love that...thanks for the photos...that certainly helps me visualize what mine would look like. Think that may just be the way I go. I do believe that just may be what the doctor ordered. Thank you so much.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:02 AM

Ok now you've done it. How much time and precise nit picking work did that take to install? I love it.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

I want to do the same. But I was wondering if edash uses molded pieces or flat pieces. I have not seen a dash kit where the center piece form fits over the center vents to the chrome rings. Seems most of them leave the plastic "hump" showing a ring of dash plastic around the vents,

Old 10-01-2007, 08:04 PM

Almost all of them do not cover the rounded part of the vents. You could always do like the captain and myself. I did mine in medium burlwood. He did his in carbon fiber. Just get some vinyl and wrap it, its really easy and you save big $$$$$$$

Last edited by fantomfreke; 10-01-2007 at 08:05 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 10-01-2007, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fantomfreke
Almost all of them do not cover the rounded part of the vents. You could always do like the captain and myself. I did mine in medium burlwood. He did his in carbon fiber. Just get some vinyl and wrap it, its really easy and you save big $$$$$$$

That looks pretty good. Is that a kit or did you cut those pieces out? Where did you find the vinyl and why didn't you clearcoat it with polyurethane?

You removed the bezel and wrapped it,. I like it but I would want the radio done as well lke the eDash 56 piece kit.

Quick Reply: Color Ideas For Dash Kit