Appearance/Modifications Discussions Body Kits, Hoods, Spoilers, Interiors,Engine Compartments,Exhaust

eBay Chevrolet Chrome Script-Not Vinyl

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 11:06 PM

Talking eBay Chevrolet Chrome Script-Not Vinyl

I was on eBay looking for Chrome Script for my HHR and found a guy that has a great price that has 100 of them. (well...99 now ) Thought some might be interested in checking these out and maybe picking some up if you were looking to add them to your HHR. The auction is HERE.

Saw them at Danchuks...but they are $21.95 and they don't give you shipping, so this looks like a pretty good deal at $24.49 total.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
I was on eBay looking for Chrome Script for my HHR and found a guy that has a great price that has 100 of them. (well...99 now ) Thought some might be interested in checking these out and maybe picking some up if you were looking to add them to your HHR. The auction is HERE.

Saw them at Danchuks...but they are $21.95 and they don't give you shipping, so this looks like a pretty good deal at $24.49 total.
Good luck trying to mount it. You will have to either drill holes in your pride and joy which will lead to paint flaking, rust, etc. Or you could put an adhesive tape on the back of it which will be nearly impossible to get to look perfect without seeing the tape protruding from the edges, not to mention the time and frustration it would take to accomplish it. The one I bought from ebay was the same size script, but was chrome vinyl and it was on my car in less than 30 seconds and does not collect wax/dirt build up and looks perfect with no modifications or future problems. It was also less than half the price.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:46 PM

I've got the first one done already with adhesive and it looks great all cut out. I have weighed the difference between the two and I thought about getting the vinyl decals too...but wanted to go for real thing. Thanks for your input though...it's greatly appreciated.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:33 AM

I went Deb's route too and though it took an hour to cut each one correctly with fitted tape, the result for me was worth it.

Decals are ok, but when the real thing is available, why not spend the time and get it on? Says me, to my self! So I did..........YMMV.........
The tape is cut pretty cleanly with several razors giving it up for each chrome piece.

Still, it will catch wax and such. Oh well, that's what happens on cars. I have some old Corvairs that do have much more protruding chrome and am used to cleaning them. What I find harder to clean is the grippy black plastic found on a lot of modern cars. Wax just get in its pores and wont let go.

Note the convertible Corvair in the reflection! My Chevy's like to graze together in the driveway!
Old 10-19-2006, 01:19 AM

Thanks Harpo...that's exactly how I feel about them...and the look I want to obtain.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:00 AM
JB1

Thats nice
Old 10-19-2006, 08:01 AM

those look tight!