Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Bass Drops in & Out

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 05:51 PM

LOC = Line Output Converter :) As for the popping......I have my pink wire hooked up to 3 peices of equipment. It does turn the equipment on when you open the doors or whatever (very weird) because the radio lights up when you open the doors. However, my sub doesn't pop (nor do any of my speakers). Popping is usually a sign of a bad ground I used my battery negative and have no issues except for very very sligh engine noise. Check you your grounds over really well.
Old 06-06-2008, 05:53 PM

Actually I'm all backwards! The LOC doesnt give you a remote wire (my bad) forget I said that! I was thinking of the dern ignition wire when you hook up an aftermarket radio. But the pink wire should work.
Old 06-06-2008, 06:03 PM

Cool

The ground is perfect. hasent moved at all since i put it in. Its all metal to metal ( no paint). Would the guage matter for this issue? I am using a slimmer guage than what came with the install kit.... Should i put a Bigger guage?

As for the location? Is it bad to ground the Amp to your battery??? Doesn't seem right!?
Old 06-06-2008, 06:09 PM

OH MAN! I thought this was going to be a fishing story
Old 06-06-2008, 06:10 PM

Cool

Originally Posted by GTOMIKE
OH MAN! I thought this was going to be a fishing story
I know im still a noob..but what does fishing mean? (other than the sport, DUH!)
Old 06-06-2008, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by tahenke
LOC = Line Output Converter :) As for the popping......I have my pink wire hooked up to 3 peices of equipment. It does turn the equipment on when you open the doors or whatever (very weird) because the radio lights up when you open the doors. However, my sub doesn't pop (nor do any of my speakers). Popping is usually a sign of a bad ground I used my battery negative and have no issues except for very very sligh engine noise. Check you your grounds over really well.
I have a LOC that can be adjusted. Should i leave both channels at unity gain, or does anyone have any better advice?
Old 06-06-2008, 10:57 PM

The adjustment on my loc, I set the gains on loc to the middle. You have to make sure to set all of them the same place because, if you don't one side will be louder than the other. If you set loc gain screws to middle it will also cause less noise to enter system. I tried the pink wire and the deck was on at odd times. I just used turn on out of fuse panel passenger side floor board. I saw somewere here what number on fuse panel to use for turn on wire. Running 2 amps and deck off of same turn on in fuse panel. Used one of the add a circuit to hook into fuse panel. I replace premium stock with new deck, 2 amps, 2 10" subs and mids in front doors. Just couldn't get what I wanted out of stock stereo. Hope this helps you.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by jameswattsjr
The adjustment on my loc, I set the gains on loc to the middle. You have to make sure to set all of them the same place because, if you don't one side will be louder than the other. If you set loc gain screws to middle it will also cause less noise to enter system. I tried the pink wire and the deck was on at odd times. I just used turn on out of fuse panel passenger side floor board. I saw somewere here what number on fuse panel to use for turn on wire. Running 2 amps and deck off of same turn on in fuse panel. Used one of the add a circuit to hook into fuse panel. I replace premium stock with new deck, 2 amps, 2 10" subs and mids in front doors. Just couldn't get what I wanted out of stock stereo. Hope this helps you.

Good God, I am glad I have a sounds guy! This is so much more than I can understand. All I know is that I have Alpine type R components in all doors, two amps and two tens and an Alpine head unit. I really wish I knew more, but you guys are the bomb! I just turn it up until my ears bleed LOL Todd (Uma)
Old 06-07-2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Alex Budinich
The ground is perfect. hasent moved at all since i put it in. Its all metal to metal ( no paint). Would the guage matter for this issue? I am using a slimmer guage than what came with the install kit.... Should i put a Bigger guage?

As for the location? Is it bad to ground the Amp to your battery??? Doesn't seem right!?
No it's not bad to ground at the battery, ground is ground. It's just that in most cars the battery is under the hood and it doesn't make any sense to run a long ground wire all the way from the trunk back up to the battery when you can just ground it to the chassis (same place the battery is grounded). I really don't think if you changed the guage of the ground wire it would make it cut in and out like that, unless you went crazy and went from an 8 guage down to 20 guage or something (I hope not) Is it possible that you have a lose connection at your LOC?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 PM

i feel like an idiot

Well, i finally found the problem!

Turns out, when the installer put the car back together he made a big boo boo, that has kinda pissed me off! The stupid kid pinched the speaker wire under the honeycomb beneth the steering wheel. When replacing it the wire was behind the bolt. therefore it got pinched. When i would brake it would send power to the amp via the pinch, causeing it to drop out. Problem solved ( i think) Its been 2 days aqnd no drop out!

I advise everyone to look over work thats been done. Some people don't take as much pride in your car as you do! Either that, or it was close to lunch/quittin time/ break time. Wont be takin it back there EVER!