Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

canceled xm still works

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by evowake
They are weasels.
This. I can't stand dealing with them and have tried to get the wife to agree, but she loves it in her Lexus. I have made the switch to streaming music over the iPhone using Pandora, Spotify and Slacker Radio and am much happier.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by evowake
They are weasels.
Very true.

I have been a subscriber for many years...I jumped on board back in 2004 because I used to listen to Opie and Anthony quite a bit back in the day (XM, way before the merger). Suffice it to say that the musical playlists were MUCH better back then than now...much more creativity shown...the playlists are far more repetitive now.

Anyway, when I bought my HHR, it came with XM/Sirius pre-installed, so I no longer needed my Roady2...and we have XM/Sirius installed in my wife's Escape, so I had two units active. All I wanted to do was kill the service on the Roady2, as I no longer needed it, so I could transfer that service to my HHR unit. NO cancellation, just a simple transfer. THEY WEREN'T GOING TO LOSE A DIME OF MY BUSINESS!

Well, as usual, after having to navigate thru menu after menu to talk to a live person, I told her what I wanted to do. She fought me tooth and nail...kept offering different deals to keep the other unit going, though I kept telling her I wasn't interested, and simply wanted to try to transfer my service from one unit to another. Finally I snapped and said:

"Look, seriously, I didn't call to hear you come up with a bunch of creative ways to get me to keep something I don't want. You are not going to lose any business here, but I have now made it clear to you multiple times that I don't need service to the Roady2 anymore. All I want you to do is cancel the service from that one, and trahsfer it to the new ID number I've given you. Can you do that or not?"

She mumbled something incoherent and hung up. So now I have to start ALL OVER AGAIN.

I then spoke to someone else, explained what I wanted done, and made it clear I wasn't interested in any deals to extend the service on the Roady2, I just wanted to transfer the service to a different unit, end of story. I also asked that an e-mail be sent to confirm that what I needed done had indeed been completed.

Well, full service to my HHR's radio began shortly thereafter, but 24 hrs. later, no e-mail. I go online and see that, yes, one radio has been activated, but the other one has not been deactivated. One more call (#3), and sure enough, no deactivate order had ever been initiated. The person I talked to this time was actually pretty cool, and took care of the problem.

I then sent a nasty e-mail to their customer service. I told them I'm not an idiot...that basically I know that anytime a customer cancels service on any given unit, it likely gets noted on that rep's record...in other words, it doesn't matter what the customer wants, make sure that said customer does not cancel service to any given unit, even if technically the customer is not really cancelling anything, but simply transferring. "Why do you mean you couldn't get Customer X to keep service going to that unit?"

I told them that not listening to what their CUSTOMERS want is pretty lousy practice, and that their tactics had me very close to cancelling my service outright, as I was that annoyed by their nonsense (which was true). I also added that the first rep I spoke to simply refused to do what I asked, and the second one didn't complete the tasks I asked of him. Finally, I pointed out that they sure don't have much problem ACTIVATING units, but when it comes to DEACTIVATING...wow, you sure get a fight on your hands. I got the usual apologies, of course we want you to be happy BS...but yeah, they are a bunch of weasels for sure.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:06 AM

I also hate XM after having it for years and enjoying all the different stations. I never paid full price and always got them down to around $77 a year. Then they double billed me through an automatic payment. After about 20 phone calls and talking to half the population of India, I started to get somewhere slowly but never got a refund. They have the WORST customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. I had to get the BBB and the NY State Attorny General's office on them. Finally, after 18 months and many more phone calls, I got the measly $77 refund.

After that subscription ran out, I canceled XM and now listen to Pandora or Slacker through my Android phone with a $10 cable I bought at Radio Shack. I actually like this much better, and its free.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:34 PM

I refuse to ever get XM again. I've had them twice and I had to get very ignorant over the phone after escalating it time and time again, just to get my service cancelled. One time it was even them that called me and it still took me 45 minutes to get it taken care of

Everytime they call me I tell them to take me off their list because they are absolutely the worst company I have ever dealt with. It always takes me to get very rude and crude with them, before they finally give up on me.... but they still keep calling... IDIOTS!!!