Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Remote Start Question regarding "pit stop" mode.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 01:13 PM

Yeah, too bad. Figured it was a long shot.

@non-believers - When I was an installer I never really got it either (thought it was gimmicky), until I owned a car with the feature and later became an Engineer. You realize it's not about the 'difficulty' of restarting the car, it's about saving a partial heat cycle, a start, all the other wear and tear (though miniscule) that a quick stop and restart cause, and keeping the battery charging (for those with systems)(no longer me on that one, lol). Not to mention the climate control issue also makes a huge difference within minutes in a state like Alabama or Florida!!
It's not a big deal, just convenient, and something you get used to - kind of like steering wheel controls...

Yes I worry about leaving the car running with the key inside and no real security other than a locked door (plus I actually didn't know the key fob worked with the key in the ignition).

@donbrew- What!? What was the violation? That's insane!

Haven't considered the turbo timer, clever, but not that important to me. If it was there I was going to use it, if not I won't cry about it. Ya' know... ?

Thanks for the welcome =)

(Sorry for typos, response very hurried! Later!)
Old 11-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Skyflyer

@donbrew- What!? What was the violation? That's insane!
I think it was something like leaving an unattended vehicle running. I was at a HomeDepot-like store loading dock with my hand physically on the vehicle waiting for a roll of roofing felt. And, yes it stood up to legal challenges. I never figured out how an unattended vehicle could cause a moving violation, but the DC government is a little bit illiterate.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Skyflyer
@non-believers
Not having the same point of view on this as you doesn't necessarily make me a 'non-beilever'. It's just not something I need. Maybe you do. I can't remember the last time I went somewhere where I was going to be out and then back in the vehicle that quickly other than picking someone up and in those case I wouldn't have been leaving the vehicle. I hardlly ever use my steering wheel controls either
Old 11-06-2011, 05:36 PM

@db/sb- sorry, didn't mean any offense by the 'non-believers' thing. Yes it is absolutely a preference. I had no time to address each of you individually, just trying to shed a little light on why someone may lean toward enjoying this type of feature.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:43 AM

It's against the law in many states, not just Washington DC, to leave an unattended vechile running. Look it up. The commonality seems to be (somewhat of a paraphrased generalization) 'being in control of a vehicle while the engine is running' which, of course, you are not, even if it's locked, if you are standing outside of it or in the office or a store. And I didn't take any offense; merely stating my point of view. You say that you're 'trying to shed a little light on why someone may lean toward enjoying this type of feature' but it really sounds like you're trying to help them lean.