Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

Thanks to PAL I get free XM - but there's one catch...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Banned

GM still sells more cars than any other carmaker so they can't be all that bad. If GM didn't agree to take care of all the people who gave the best parts of their life to GM they may not have lost that money. Of course they could be like Toyota is with their oldest plant in if memory doesn't fail me in Kentucky where a lot of the employees are nearing retirement age. I have seen a number of articles where Toyota is doing its level best to make their lives meserable so they will either quit or do something stupid so they can be fired. What do you think will happen to you if say GM does go belly up? GM claims over 5 million employees, retired, and dealership personal. Add into it all the suppier plants, the Walmarts, Kmarts and who knows what else. What will happen to this country when all these people lose their jobs. The govenment will have to step in and take over the pension plan, pay the unemployment, health care down the tubes so the hospitals will be seeing these Xpaying people for free. Taxes will go up there is a good chance you will also lose your job or your children, housing prices will fall even more since there will be huge foreclosers and the list goes on. No matter what you think of GM it still is to everyones benifit to stand behind them or if you don't at least not bad mouth them. No company is perfect. Check out the Camry site on Yahoo. There are a whole lot bigger tears flowing there then here with their engine flaring adn bad tranny shifting. Honda, dropped their Accord hybrid because it was a piece of ????. And the list there goes on. Bottom line, you bought a cheap car and it can't compare to a BMW that costs twice as much.
======================
Originally Posted by HardyHarHHR
Hey HHRCrappy,

Well, well, well - obviously you're drinking the GM kool-aid. How's it taste - like failure? Next time you're at the I LOVE GM Jamboree in beautiful Detroit feel free to share all of mine and everyone else's feelings about the excellent PAL and all the GM quality with G. Richard Wagoner, Jr., Frederick A. Henderson and Robert A. Lutz. They might be too busy to answer you cause they have to somehow figure out how GM lost 38 BILLION DOLLARS last year alone. I'm guessing it's cause they can't build quality cars that last a long time but what do I know? I'm too 'full of myself' to think straight like you. Or...you can ask the millions of die-hard GM fans that got fed up with of the lack of build quality and bought Japanese and German cars why they no longer drink the GM kool-aid. It's not hard to find them just survey any parking lot or this forum for that matter.

Honestly GM should be on here every day reading complaints cause they can definitely learn from their failure and get their act together. 38 billion is a heckuva lot of money to lose in just one year. Even a BMW-driving yuppie like me knows that.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:53 PM

Wow. And I hate to admit this because at age 35 I love me my Chevrolets. All the ones I've owned, a 62, 68, 69, 75, 78, 79, 84, 2x94s and now my 2008.

I will not bore you with the models... but I really do love the Bow Tie.

That being said, this is America. Capitalism rules. If GM cannot get their act together and run their company, they will go under like many other American greats that have failed.

I don't want that to happen. In fact, I think GM builds as fine a car as anyone. I truly believe my HHR will last as long or longer than I need it to otherwise I'd have sprung for my first import.

But this isn't a yuppie thing. It isn't about anything other than engineering in my book.

I wish the PAL was built as well as the HHR! That's all.

Last edited by chevyorange; 09-13-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fixed a typo
Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 PM

Perfectly said, Orange.

No one wants to see 5 million people lose their jobs. But with the PAL GM has created at least one piece of crap part that doesn't work.

This is America, the home of GM and the great people who work there. The last time I checked all five million of them plus the rest of us have a right to say whatever we want.

Last edited by HardyHarHHR; 09-13-2008 at 10:46 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-16-2008, 11:21 PM

Stay tuned, folks! Big news and a response to yours truly direct FROM THE TOP at GM. More news to come!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 06:08 AM

Stay tuned, folks! Big news and a response to yours truly direct FROM THE TOP at GM. More news to come!!!
Hope its good news.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:06 AM

I'm not sure yet but it looks like EXCEPTIONAL news. Will know more within a week.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:24 AM

Okay, I was so truly FED UP with my PAL, the annoying XM commercials blaring through my music, the fact that the local dealership pretended not to know what "flash the XM" meant, my warped rotors and a bunch of other things so...I wrote a letter to General Motors.

To my surprise, they wrote back.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Founding Member

To my surprise, they wrote back.
Was that the EXCEPTIONAL news?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:39 AM

The EXCEPTIONAL news is that the Vice Chairman of GM personally wrote back to me, apologizing for the problems with my little HHR and he's arranged for the dealership of my choice to fix it on their dime. Shocking! Honestly, every single person I've dealt with at GM has been absolutely incredible. They really want to make me happy and it's worked. So much so that now I officially LOVE General Motors. I'm totally serious.

I know this might sound corny but I really feel like they took care of me. The giant American car company I bashed over and over actually takes care of its own. They listened and did whatever it took to fix my car. And I'm absolutely NOBODY. Have you ever heard of anything like that? Incredible people and an incredible company.

I never thought I'd say this but I LOVE GM.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:27 AM
Founding Member

That is good news. Hopefully the new dealership will get you fixed up.

Quick Reply: Thanks to PAL I get free XM - but there's one catch...