Audio and Video All audio, video, alarms, and all other electronics

tweeter replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by planetrj
this is really helpful, because not only did I not know what to call them (to put into the search), but I also didn’t know there was more universal ones available, because the only thing that kept coming up was for specific models and most were Toyota or Subaru. Thanks!
You are quite welcome.Anytime I can contribute here makes me feel good as this site has been invaluable to me.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Vinnybagodoughnuts
You are quite welcome.Anytime I can contribute here makes me feel good as this site has been invaluable to me.
equally so to myself! It gives me a lot to ponder, and a lot to look forward to, as I plan on keeping mine for many years to come. The longer I have it, the more I love it, so I’m sticking around for the popcorn and the movie, as they say. Even opinions are appreciated, as each person has a unique experience with their quirky little car.
Old 07-10-2023, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
thank you. Will definitely check out the reviews on these as well.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:05 AM

Well I did pick the Infinities up on Amazon for 55USD.
Amazon Amazon
And yes they did come with the crossovers.Installation was fairly simple and I was able to use the included bracket to mount them.I will post a couple of pics if it will help someone.
Old 08-25-2023, 01:45 AM

After a lot of searching, reviews, specs, and even a failed attempt, I’ve come to this set of tweeters: Skar Audio

this set comes with its own crossovers, and the 5 ⭐️ rating really sold me.

I attempted a pair of Pioneers, but even with their crossovers, there were certain songs that just reverberated too much. Perhaps the crossovers were defective. They were very easy to install, and I’m hoping these aren’t going to be too complicated.

I found the specs, and wondering if this seems to be within the preferred range (admittedly I have below average knowledge with ohms).

Old 08-25-2023, 07:40 AM

The specs are fine but you may have trouble mounting those crossovers on the panel as they appear to be fatter then the crossovers I installed which barely fit.It's hard to tell by a picture of course.

P.S.The news coming out of Maui is so sad.
Old 08-26-2023, 04:42 AM

The specs are fine but you may have trouble mounting those crossovers on the panel as they appear to be fatter then the crossovers I installed which barely fit.It's hard to tell by a picture of course.

P.S.The news coming out of Maui is so sad.
I thought the same way, so I contacted Skar phone customer support, and the rep explained to me that the W x D are the same as the speaker.

Also, the experience of having this happen to Maui is surreal. I feel fortunate that I’m not on that island. We’ve been donating a lot of extra supplies and other assistance. It’s definitely a long road ahead for that town.
Old 08-27-2023, 06:38 AM

Well hopefully they can fend off the vulture capitalists circling overhead.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:46 PM

Well hopefully they can fend off the vulture capitalists circling overhead.

yes, and fortunately, our governor has set forth a plan to make a committee that is requiring the input of DHHL (Hawaiian Homelands aka: Hawaiian Kingdom & Kamehameha Family) for rebuilding plans to honor and be conscious of ancient Hawaiian landmarks, historical significance, He’iau (memorial & sacred locations) - to be included and not be allowed for corporations to use those lands. It’s turning out to be very positive for the locals and Native Hawaiians.
Old 09-01-2023, 08:33 AM