Drivetrain (Excluding Engine) Transmission, axles, clutches or other drive-line related discussion.

My first post and it's long

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 02:08 PM

MedMilt,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these problems. What is your dealer information?
Let me know, thank you!

Evan, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM

all worked out

Hello everyone. Thank you for your suggestions and input. I replaced both Hubs and the car was still pulling to the right and making that annoying abs sound and the ETS light would come on as the car started to pull right and almost coming to a stop. I returned to the dealer on Friday. I let them know I was there on Monday and they told me that the Hubs were damaged. Well l have replaced both hubs. They took it in and by 230 pm the called me that the car was ready. when I picked it up I was told that the steering wheel sensor needed re-calibration and the computer had to be reprogrammed. I spoke with the service writer "Tony and the service manager Jim was standing by his side. I asked if they did the same test on Monday and if so why couldn't they also state that the Wheel sensor was out of wack. anyway The manager stated that he wished I was very satisfied and that if I bring him the old parts with the paid invoices he will submit it to GM to see if he can get me a refund.

PS thank you for the WARM welcome
Old 11-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

Very glad it appears to be all worked out now. And Welcome!
Old 01-18-2012, 01:05 PM

Excellent experience with Dealer

Originally Posted by MedMilt
Hello everyone. Thank you for your suggestions and input. I replaced both Hubs and the car was still pulling to the right and making that annoying abs sound and the ETS light would come on as the car started to pull right and almost coming to a stop. I returned to the dealer on Friday. I let them know I was there on Monday and they told me that the Hubs were damaged. Well l have replaced both hubs. They took it in and by 230 pm the called me that the car was ready. when I picked it up I was told that the steering wheel sensor needed re-calibration and the computer had to be reprogrammed. I spoke with the service writer "Tony and the service manager Jim was standing by his side. I asked if they did the same test on Monday and if so why couldn't they also state that the Wheel sensor was out of wack. anyway The manager stated that he wished I was very satisfied and that if I bring him the old parts with the paid invoices he will submit it to GM to see if he can get me a refund.

PS thank you for the WARM welcome

Well Here is the final outcome. on 1-12 2-12 one day b4 my birthday I received a check for the cost of one front Hub $207. 94. I want to thank the service manager Jim and the service writer, Tony. They kept their word, made me happy and I sure will bring my cars back. we own 3 GM cars a Vette, CTS and the HHR. If anyone asks me where they can bring their car I will recommend Robert Chevrolet. P.S this is the first time I mention the dealer by name. Thank you to all that posted looking forward to sharing and learning
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 PM

Glad to hear it all worked out. But it shouldn't have had to go as far as it did. They should have corrected it the first time.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by solman98
Glad to hear it all worked out. But it shouldn't have had to go as far as it did. They should have corrected it the first time.
Yep, Yep and Yep.

They did help you but they would have taken your money if you would have let them. This is a dealership problem not a Chevrolet issue so I would suggest a new dealership unless you really feel comfortable with them now.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Glad to hear all has worked out, this site has helped out a few times for me when I had issues I showed the service writer this thread in here and they fixed the issue, ChevyMgr and alot of ithers are a great help, welcome to the site (belated)