General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

2007 HHR electrical gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 08:57 PM

If the left lo fuse blows the Left DRL will light up but not the right; when the headlights come on the right lo beam comes on the left goes off. Wig-wag.

I wasn't actually saying it could have anything to do with the problem at hand, just pointing out a peculiarity that can be confusing. And that has nothing to do with scary computers.

I wager that 90% of drivers think their tail lights are on in DRL mode. OOPS, another pet peeve; people without auto headlights but DRL driving around at night with no tail lights. (just about every non GM car)
Old 10-07-2017, 02:09 PM

Thanks Conax. Actually, I am a Catholic, Franciscan priest. I am also the Metropolitan Bishop of an autonomous and autocephalous Metropolitan Diocese. One might assume that some degree of divine intervention is in order here, but alas God has enough on His plate at the moment. So, that's why I came here. Thanks for you response. I'm not 100% sure that an exorcism would work to get my headlight problem remedied. But it's a thought. Peace! :-)
Old 10-07-2017, 02:28 PM

I think I explained the headlight part. the marker probably has to do with incorrectly wired LED.

LED lights are not wired exactly the same as incandescent bulbs, for one thing polarity makes a difference if it acts like a light or a switch. It could be acting as a switch and grounding the signal, or some other logic that is above my head. I'm still trying to figure out the logic in
Catholic, Franciscan priest. I am also the Metropolitan Bishop of an autonomous and autocephalous Metropolitan Diocese
I thought Franciscan implied Roman, I guess I was wrong again. Learned a new thing.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:01 PM

Smile

Originally Posted by donbrew
I think I explained the headlight part. the marker probably has to do with incorrectly wired LED.

LED lights are not wired exactly the same as incandescent bulbs, for one thing polarity makes a difference if it acts like a light or a switch. It could be acting as a switch and grounding the signal, or some other logic that is above my head. I'm still trying to figure out the logic in I thought Franciscan implied Roman, I guess I was wrong again. Learned a new thing.
Hi Don,
I bought two new H-13 bulbs yesterday and will hopefully find some time next weekend to delve into installing them. From all the feedback I received, it made sense to start with the least expensive fix first and then if that doesn't work, I can move on to the next option. It didn't occur to me that just the low beam might be out on the driver's side. So, it "may" be something simple.

As for the other question about Franciscans. St. Francis appears to be universally held in high regard among many denominations and faiths. The early orders of Franciscans came under the canonical authority of the Roman Church. That is true. However, there are Anglican and also Episcopal orders, institutes and societies of Franciscans. I had a friend who started out as a Roman Franciscan and later became an Anglican Franciscan. There are also Lutheran Franciscans and many Ecumenical orders of Franciscans that accept members from a variety of faiths and/or churches. While there are no Franciscan religious orders in Islam, Muslims revere St. Francis as a holy man. There are also many solitary Franciscans who are not members of any particular order or Church who also follow a life of a Franciscan. To the best of my knowledge, except for the Marian Orthodox Church, there are no Franciscan religious orders in the Eastern or Orthodox churches.