General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Another Woody Kit...wow

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:12 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry to ruffle any feathers - but I thought it rather obvious that in the picture in big big letters is what appears the company name - "So Cal Cruisers" and their phone number - And google (actually I prefer and use a different search engine) showed that they are no longer in business.

Secondly, you may be familiar with using Google - but it is very surprising how many people have never used, tried, or are even aware of it. I asked a question - if he had replied no, I would have sent a pm explaining it.

Be aware that you implied in your comments that his questions were "stupid" - I know that is absolutely not what you meant, but it can be construed that way.

Last edited by whopper; 06-30-2014 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:49 AM
Deceased

Originally Posted by whopper
Sorry to ruffle any feathers - but I thought it rather obvious that in the picture in big big letters is what appears the company name - "So Cal Cruisers" and their phone number - And google (actually I prefer and use a different search engine) showed that they are no longer in business.

Secondly, you may be familiar with using Google - but it is very surprising how many people have never used, tried, or are even aware of it. I asked a question - if he had replied no, I would have sent a pm explaining it.
Hence the danger in bringing threads "back from the dead", we've been around along time. My hair wasn't grey when I joined up, now it is. And we're not going to discuss the reading glasses in every room of the house, or the impending bifocals.

No feathers ruffled on my end, and you're right, not everyone is aware or familiar with Google. But pairing up with them has made our Search function a thing of beauty, instead of a source of utter frustration.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:58 AM
Platinum Member

I usually point my Customers to google as it has kinda become the "standard" - and they go nuts over it when shown what it can do for them - much like youtube for "how-to-do-it" videos. You are so right, Google works awesome here and it's also great seeing links to some of the helpful youtube videos here as well.

Oh well, it's great being back in cell land and also having a half decent wifi link. :)
Old 06-30-2014, 06:29 AM

I believe that tobey has been welcomed in another thread. Maybe we should start recommending AltaVista instead of Google. I think they went out of business about the same time as this thread died.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:16 PM

I'm confused...the mods here want for new users to use the search feature to find answers to their "stupid" questions. So when they make a new thread you guys call them out and make it a point to show them that this forum has a search feature which in most cases with most forums...are very vague unless you know how to finagle them. Now...we have a new user do what you guys want which is to use the search feature and when he comments on that thread asking a question the first thing you want to do it point out that the thread is 7 years old and why not try google. I so want to be a part of this community but it's hard. You guys "mods" need to let some things fly and instead of pushing new members away...help them understand. This community is getting smaller and smaller...if we want an active community make it a pleasant one to be apart of. Mike is about the only one that doesn't rip into the newbies for asking about things previously discussed. When he does he's very tasteful about it. Just my 2 cents (I think you guys have 4 cents of mine because I've given 2 cents on this subject in another thread).
Old 06-30-2014, 12:51 PM

The use google comment was to find the after market part because the thread starter has been out of business for several years.

does that ease your confusion?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:04 PM

Nope...still confused. Maybe a "thanks for using the search feature that we drill all of our new comers on...I have no idea where to find one of these woody kits...maybe try using google to find a reasonable source as this source is out of business". It's all in the way you all come across. I took a year hiatus from the site because of the people here...guess I should have never came back.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:25 PM

I have to agree with Chef here.

It's an online community. Some folks will search for their needs and some people will start new threads. Most mod replies to me as I read them come off as rude whether it's intended as such or not.

Just my .02
Old 06-30-2014, 03:42 PM
Administrator

now guys, as Flower stated ," If you can't say nothing nice then don't say nothing at all"

try to get along and enjoy the day!!
Old 06-30-2014, 06:03 PM

LOL change the title to Mods own this thread...wow

The grave digger didnt start a new thread on tbe topic, he used an existing one, give him credit for that despite all the "dangers" of posting in old threads (which by the way could have been an oversite not noticing the date)
This conversation is a common topic among automotive forums and the best resolution is directing newbie to a link here, being tackfull or aware of yure choice of words, or if youre having a pisstfull day just leave it to another member to respond and come back to it later.
Ive been here a few months and ran in to this the first week, having a lenghty convo with a mod via pm. At the end of the day he was right, the topic had been disscussed to death But... it wasnt compiled in a sticky, the sticky for it was drifted so far off topic I didnt find what I needed. Eventually I did find it after reading around the board a few weeks. I will say during that effort I did see a lot of work done by mods that was very helpfull, great job guys! I know its not easy and its very time consuming, some of it forget doing it on a mobile device, we're spoiled with those and spooling up tbe old pc or laptop seems a chore lol.
As for community, it takes a village...
Forums are losing traffic in droves to facebook, thats where the newb questions really run a muck along with the manners of the people responding so 2 more cents six pence it could be worse :)

To assist the poster, the issue of ruining the finish of your car with those gargantous moldings seems to come up in discussions from other car modders. I think if you could find a really good vinyl guy tbey could make a decent 3D appearing woody wrap or applique...probably the way I would go.

Last edited by 2oodoor; 06-30-2014 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Woody Kit...wow