General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Can you help an old guy out?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 04:27 PM

Looks like I have missed a very important link.... Race and Street ask for Maggie! Gotta link?
Michelle CCS- Thanks for the reply the car only has 9k miles on it, bought a demo but I am bumper to bumper. Is there anything relevant TSB wise for me to get done while it goes to the shop?

***Note Still not able to access the DIC menus. Best I get is the stat I am looking at moved or cleared (i.e. trip meter) I am starting to think I am an idiot or something may be wrong.

***** Also can I get a link for ordering the best "stubby" antena?
Old 07-14-2011, 05:09 PM

http://www.raceandstreet.com
Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM

1- DIC problem - Entering Personalization Menu
After I do the following...
a. Turn the ignition on while the vehicle is stopped.
To avoid excessive drain on the battery, it is
recommended that the headlamps are turned off.
b. Press and hold the information and reset buttons
at the same time for one second, then release to
enter the personalization menu.
I get nothing. nadda zip. Now I know I must be doing something wrong. any ideas or help on that?

I have no idea haven't played with it much

2- High Pitch Whine or Dog Whistle effect has taken place since I connected my iPhone via bt. My GPS was broadcasting on bt thought that might be it so now I have 0 items broadcasting bt yet the dog whistel whine is still there. A majority of people may not even hear it but it is very audible to me. Is it onstar perhaps?

Not sure on this one. i don't have an iPhone but I do have my Blackberry connected with the Bluetooth and I don't hear any sound (atleast none that shouldn't be there) Works fine for me

3- I need to find the following items where I can just order them. Maybe a link from you guys that ebay a lot.
a. LED Brake lights and Backup lights. I need a simple plug and play solution.
b. best light bulb to replace factory ones, coming from an infinity I need the light.
c. best back sway bar

a. I would also say IPCW tailights. I have them and are the best light upgrade out there. Come in a package with brake and backup lights. I got mine on eBay but HHR Boutique http://hhrboutique.com and Maggies race and street http://www.raceandstreet.net/Merchan...egory_Code=HHR both have them.
b. I have the Sylvania Silverstar (9008) in my headlights and had Silverstar Ultra's (9005) in my fogs. Nice and bright. I have since switched my fogs to a yellow JDM 4000k bulb. Extreamly bright traditional style yellow fog light.
c. I have an Eibach and it has worked very well for me. Depends on what you want to spend. Progress is about the cheapest in price and made like the TTR and similar to the Eibach and the most burly one looks to the the OTT Hardcore bar (I would love to upgrade to that one)

4- And finally when using a bt device or having the radio up real lound you can hear an electric whine, reminds me of my first car a 69 Buick Skylark, with my installed by me stereo. Well I would prefer in 2011 that a current year car has that handled. Anyone getting the "Auidiovox 1980's whine" too?

Being an EST Year 2 certified electrician who installed, built and worked on high end electronic sound systems for auditoriums and such, this sounds to me like a grounding issue with either the radio itself or possibly the altenator. You usually get it when a cable carrying the signal isn't grounded properly. This may aslo be why your bluetooth on your iPhone is acting up
Old 07-14-2011, 06:05 PM

Thanks BassBase!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 06:41 PM

For the "alternator" hum, try banging on the dash to the left and above the glove box. That solves my problem connecting a laptop via audio cable in my 2008 LT for several months at a time. Probably means a grounding problem, but fixed with no wire tracing or dismantling.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by donbrew
For the "alternator" hum, try banging on the dash to the left and above the glove box. That solves my problem connecting a laptop via audio cable in my 2008 LT for several months at a time. Probably means a grounding problem, but fixed with no wire tracing or dismantling.
now that is my kinda fix. I really think it is a small grounding issues that is amplified by BT devices. Now to find the elusive Stubby!!!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 PM

Angry rear sway bar.

The Eibach is still 90 days out for their redesign, they will not give any date?
Old 07-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Premium Member

Try stubbyantena.com I like mine fine it extends when you pull on it but I have never needed to the reception is fine collapsed.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:07 PM

re:Getting the DIC into programming mode. Some people have trouble distinguishing between the ACC position and the RUN position of the key. If the dummy lights come on, you are in the correct position (RUN).
Old 07-15-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
The Eibach is still 90 days out for their redesign, they will not give any date?
I got an e-mail from Eibach their new bar is set for mid August.