General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR all stock, Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 09:13 PM

I can't speak to longevity yet, but I've been keeping track of economy. In mixed driving, I've managed to stay pretty close to 30.
I've usually been able to beat the EPA rating on everything I've owned in the past, though.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by MedMilt
4 A- Still under warranty, You have to duplicate the problem for the Dealer. I don't think It can do that. BUT it's sure to happen everyday at least once on a good day.
This new has to have a CEL to do warrenty work is BS IMHO but I do not make the rules unforetunately. But the PS motor is only $104 and take 20-30 minutes to install. If you decide to go this route just be sure to check the fuse block that Donbrew mentioned.

If the fuse block is good then replace that PS motor and the problem will be fixed. I had that problem pop up on me and one week later it was happening frequently so I bought the new motor and installed it and it has yet to happen again.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by MedMilt
Sorry to disappoint some of you.
The one that is disappointed seems to be you, not everyone else. I'm the original owner of an 06 model and still happy with my purchase. There are a few quirks I could live without, but I've had that with just about every car I've owned.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Deceased

I have three of 'em, not disappointed in any of them. The are some HHR "quirks" that will occasionally bite you in the butt, like sticking keys and noisy front ends, but they are minor and easily correctable quibbles.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:03 AM

Now key is stuck"on position"

Must off JINKs myself. yesterday whie drving to a location my power steering goes , So what, I dont worry I get to the parking lot and I was just going to park and go to the clint. When I can't turn the key and shut the car off. WTF luckly I was near the dealear and drove directly there I had to leave the HHR over night for repairs. The service writer said this is common and that the power steering motor and the key cylinder are under warrantie. this is as close as I ever been to an electric car.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 AM

Wow Power steering went and you could not shut down the car?
I am assuming that thye are only under warranty for the 3/36k mile warranty?
so that leaves alot of us out?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:38 AM

MedMilt just noticed you are near Ammityville ny
do you ever go by Broadway Motors which had a one season show called CARFELLAS which I thought was hilarious?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
MedMilt just noticed you are near Ammityville ny
do you ever go by Broadway Motors which had a one season show called CARFELLAS which I thought was hilarious?

No Never been or heard of it.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto
Wow Power steering went and you could not shut down the car?
I am assuming that thye are only under warranty for the 3/36k mile warranty?
so that leaves alot of us out?
Yea, I was surprised to hear that the power steering motor was under warranty. As I read on this forum that it is not. I actually order the motor and waiting for its arrival via UPS. the Key thing really kind of P**sed me off. I lost that client and a day’s work. I thought this car was more reliable than what it has shown me 13 months and two trips to the dealer.
I have since replaced Brake pads, 2 front Hubs, 1 power steering motor 1 key cylender or what ever they have to replace. guess Im lucky that it's still under warranty. but what happens when I'm not? will it be a costly car to keep?
Old 03-13-2012, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
The one that is disappointed seems to be you, not everyone else. I'm the original owner of an 06 model and still happy with my purchase. There are a few quirks I could live without, but I've had that with just about every car I've owned.
This.

Regardless of manufacturer, I've had at least *some* little issue with everything, Ford, Toyota, GMC, etc... with one exception: an '07 Express 3500 cargo van, the one I traded for my HHR. It never gave me the tiniest bit of grief, and though it was just a plain jane (probably why it was so reliable) cargo van, I kinda felt bad about trading it.
I needed the mpg, though, and I'm happy with Herman, even with the few things I've had to do.

Quick Reply: HHR all stock, Sucks