General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR all stock, Sucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I guess medmilt melted away. He never came back.
Trolls normally have low post count lives.
Old 08-27-2012, 03:58 PM

I don't understand why someone would post negative comments about their HHR on a forum. If you don't like it get rid of it. If you want to get the issues fixed, then aren't we here to help with the problems? I think so. They should be complaining to GM; every car and truck has there flaws anyway. That's the way I see it.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Platinum Member

I refrained from posting in this thread when it originated. But since the OP has terminated his existence, I will say....

Sometimes, just sometimes, vehicles owners need to bite the bullet and admit mistakes. But it's a very difficult decision for the American male. We NEVER wish to admit defeat or admit we are wrong. It's just the American way.

But, I'll say this about this particular owner....HE PURCHASED A LEMON/DOG. AND because he is experiencing some problems, it's the cars fault. Yeah, it is the cars fault. But for completely different reasons than the OP implies. It was supposed to be a demo.....(yeah right) with low mileage. It was probably a problem sale for the dealer and the dealer did a "buy-back". Or with that mileage, maybe a "courtesy" car.

There are a couple of reasons you will find HHR's on a used car lot. After all, if an owner has a GOOD DEPENDABLE HHR, why would he get rid of it.

It was a trade for something the owner had to have.
It was a trade for someone who needed other utility.
It was a pain in the butt because of continual repairs so it was traded.

And there are a few more. But IMO, the above 3 are really all that needs to be considered.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Platinum Member

I concur with my esteemed colleagues on this thread..
Old 08-28-2012, 08:30 AM

@swerv0428, thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about your HHR. I am happy you are still in love with the vehicle.

I hope you are going to have a great holiday weekend.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-28-2012, 09:40 AM

It is a moot point, but I think the op bought the dealer loaner... And those are worse than a rental. I've dogged loaners before and months later seen them for sale under the term "Demo" my baby had 3.2 miles when we got her. Almost 90k now on a decently modded car and still love it with little to no probs.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by ChevroletCustomerService
@swerv0428, thank you for taking the time to share your feelings about your HHR. I am happy you are still in love with the vehicle.

I hope you are going to have a great holiday weekend.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

Awww thanks.

And @snoopy. You are right on. I bought the HHR cause it's perfect for the stuff I need to haul. I've had zero issues. So why would I ever turn it back to a dealer.
I know there are ex lease cars, older people around here drive cars for a couple years and then trade them in, usually in excellent shape. But overall yes most people wouldn't get rid of a great car.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by MedMilt
4 A- Still under warranty, You have to duplicate the problem for the Dealer. I don't think It can do that. BUT it's sure to happen everyday at least once on a good day.

Thank you for your help. and to all who posted I knew I was going to crash and burn here. but it's just the way I feel. Sorry to disappoint some of you. I don't drive over 80 and I keep it under 1800 RPM all the time this is my work wagon not my Vette. My money maker. Maybe down the road the HHR will make me feel better. matter of fact I feel better already.
Thanks guys for helping me understand.
Keep em coming
Try resetting the MPG after each tank full. You should see a big difference
Old 08-28-2012, 11:44 PM

I want to know how hard the guy reefed on the handle to make it break off?
Old 08-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MedMilt
4 A- Still under warranty, You have to duplicate the problem for the Dealer. I don't think It can do that. BUT it's sure to happen everyday at least once on a good day.

Thank you for your help. and to all who posted I knew I was going to crash and burn here. but it's just the way I feel. Sorry to disappoint some of you. I don't drive over 80 and I keep it under 1800 RPM all the time this is my work wagon not my Vette. My money maker. Maybe down the road the HHR will make me feel better. matter of fact I feel better already.
Thanks guys for helping me understand.

Keep em coming

Just noticed what I highlighted above. So I'm calling BS on this thread.

He keeps it, "under 1800 RPM ALL THE TIME". If it's an automatic trans., he almost could not get to traffic speed, 30-40 MPH, by doing that. If he keeps it at 1800 RPM on a highway/interstate, he's doing about 55 MPH. AND that is a considerable speed difference than, "....don't drive over 80".

Quack, quack.....