General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The I hate my HHR Rant Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Marcruger
Hi HyperV6,

"....Like em or not Harley is a icon like the Vette and other American imaged products that sell because of what it represents and not so much what it is...."

I know that for a while there was a "gold chain crowd" market for the Vette, but methinks that is an obsolete observation these days. I don't own or aspire to a Vette, but good gracious those are some high performance cars these days.....in anyone's book. Even by Italian standards. The base Vette is a land rocket, and the ZO6 and ZR-1 are even hotter. "What it is" is an exotic level performance car at a modest price.

I was shocked in a performance test a couple of years ago to see the Vette tested was the lightest vehicle in the comparison, a hundred pounds lighter than the tested 911 Porsche which was next lightest.

No flies on the Chevy engineers when turned loose.

God Bless, Marc
The Vette got the Gold Chaim rep in the 70's when that was all that was buying them. In the mid 70's they really had no performance and a Vega steering wheel one year.

As time went on after 1984 GM let Chevy add real performance again and while the Gold Chain crowd is still there GM has won back many of the performance fans again and their respect.

THe C7 will have less weight [Todays cars is still too heavy] and this will add performance that can not be had with more HP. Less mass gives so much more in Braking and handling. I expect many to be suprised how much the new car picks up with a smaller engine and same HP.

Also watch them address and upgrade the interior.

I have Auto Crossed a Z06 several times and it is a easy car to drive fast a mark of a great handling car.

Either way with Harley and the Vette they have Soul, Image and Heritage money can buy and Asian engineers can't design.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Senior
It's just to small for me and my Colorado is a POS, I've only got around 15K on it and it rattles like crazy and now I'm afraid the heater core is leaking. I'm shopping for a Toyota as a matter of fact probably getting the Tacoma.
While I hate the Colorado I not sure on the Tocoma. I know two people who had their frames rust through. I never had that happen in a Chevy.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I'd much rather have a rattle Chevrolet than a Toyota that won't stop and has a gas pedal that won't release...not a good combination!
Don't forget the Corolla is not being investigated for loss of steering.

I think Chevy stated if it did not stop, go and turn exceptionally they would not put the SS badge on any product in bringing out the HHR SS.

At this point it looks like Toyota would be happy with at least one of these traits.

Pass out the ribbons of same for the staff in Toyota City!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM

Since this thread has swayed here and there I think it's good to end with what the O.P. ended his first post in this thread with:

Originally Posted by Derf
nice forum here - good bunch - i will be in touch - god bless to all