General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

LED Headlights & LED SS Fog - Nice improvement

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2020, 02:14 PM

I’ll get depos eventually for this car but the lenses are too clean on this set to replace

Stupid bright
Old 03-02-2020, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by OshawaHHRss
I’ll get depos eventually for this car but the lenses are too clean on this set to replace

Stupid bright
Looks bright...
which ones you running... lights & fogs?

Old 03-02-2020, 03:00 PM

Curious as to the Depo Brand, and why it preferred in multiple threads. Is that because of the black bezels, reputation for quality or fit... or a name simply used as a descriptor such as in Kleenex for tissue?

I've replaced many OEM and Non-OEM lenses, 5 in HHR's and don't recall the brand off-hand but always had great success. Most recent was a black bezel set for HHR SS. Never went for the lowest cost, but also haven't had a fit or finish problem.

Old 03-02-2020, 03:16 PM
Administrator

Depo is a brand name, most popular because of the blacked out look instead of bright chrome. If you like black chrome then find headlights for the B2E option a special edition Chevrolet released

Old 03-02-2020, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by dougcjohn
Curious as to the Depo Brand, and why it preferred in multiple threads. Is that because of the black bezels, reputation for quality or fit... or a name simply used as a descriptor such as in Kleenex for tissue?

I've replaced many OEM and Non-OEM lenses, 5 in HHR's and don't recall the brand off-hand but always had great success. Most recent was a black bezel set for HHR SS. Never went for the lowest cost, but also haven't had a fit or finish problem.
they’re the same as oem but with black housings. They look good and they don’t scatter light. I prefer my projectors to just a bulb swap tho

A working set of LED switchback Rolando retrofits
Old 03-02-2020, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member

I think the word Depo can be found on many style of headlights.
Couple of years ago I ordered 2 headlight assemblies for my wife's Hyundai Tucson. Ordered the standard OEM style replacements. When they arrived, that's exactly what they were and looked identical to the originals, even down to the molded on marking numbers. Silver inside, not blacked out.
But, in big bold letters on the boxes..... DEPO. And small writing that said Made in China.
Old 03-02-2020, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
I think the word Depo can be found on many style of headlights.
Couple of years ago I ordered 2 headlight assemblies for my wife's Hyundai Tucson. Ordered the standard OEM style replacements. When they arrived, that's exactly what they were and looked identical to the originals, even down to the molded on marking numbers. Silver inside, not blacked out.
But, in big bold letters on the boxes..... DEPO. And small writing that said Made in China.
That's what I was concluding, good quality product but basically the same as other good quality lenses. The black set that I installed look identical and price about the same.

I'd agree, the black bezels give a huge improvement for various models. Dark colors; black, red... if lacking shinig chrome (grill, handles, etc) particularly look good with black headlights. A shinnny chrome or mesh grill looks good work bright chrome lenses... IMO.