General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Let's Talk About Onstar

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 08:14 PM

ty ecl.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:32 PM
XXL

If you haven't visited Onstar.com, here's one for you... I used the online feature for setting up service with my local dealer. Clickety click, enter date, enter service request (in my case, it was the "free first service" I was promised at time of sale). Waited for confirmation email from dealer.... waited... and voil... oops. It was a salesman trying to sell me that "08 HHR SS I wanted." I replied back that I _have_ an 08 HHR SS, and that I was trying to schedule service through Onstar. Next day, another salesman from the dealer sent me a "give us a call any time so we can show you our inventory of 08 HHR SS's." I replied to him as before. Next day, the first guy sends me another email letting me know I can call any time to get more info about the new 08 HHR SS's. Asshats... all of them.

I've got a case open with GM corporate (they're no better thus far)... and I gladly shared copies of the emails with them (including my replies clearly indicating that I was trying to set up service through Onstar).

With GM happy right now I am not.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:19 AM

I had a buddy that used to brag about getting a BJ from girls impressed with the Onstar in his Aurora. I haven't tried that, nor have I used it for any legitimate purpose. Once I accidentally hit the button with the Club and couldn't figure out how to turn it off. That's about it.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:53 AM

Guess it was worth the $16.99 a month for him then.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:27 AM

Low maintenance lady.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:05 PM

Thank you for coming out of the closet and announcing to the world that you really are just a flack for GM. OnStar just has to be the biggest rippoff yet. I do use it mostly to complain to GM about the terrible parts service provided by the dealer. What is your life worth? Why are you driving a HHR if you really value your life? Get of that old saw, it is meaningless in this discussion.

"Good evning sir, this is OnStar. We have detected an airbag deployment in your Oldsmobile Mr. Kennedy. Do you need help? Hello, Mr. Kennedy are you there? Mr. Kennedy we must advise you that water will damage...."

Originally Posted by Whitewolf
OnStar ....to have or to have not.......That is the question.
Some of you really crack me up........"I got it but I didn't want" .... "Don't like it..."Never tried it but still know I don't like it"......"won't use it" ....."It costs too much". If you've got it, whether you want it or not"....... Try it you might just like it. Most of you are scared of it...because you really don't know how to use it....and are unwilling to learn. (Scared of the unknown) The best one is , "GM is trying to make more money off me"...... By the way, just what is your life worth??????? To some of you, I guess not much. One of these days you are not going to be able to drive with your cell stuck in your ear. Blue tooth helps , but not everyone has that available. You have a year to learn for free........but I guess thats too hard for some. Gee I might even want to talk to Jeff Gordon some day,,, He uses his........Now where is that Pizza joint I want to try???.....Where's the closest car wash??????? How do I get where?????? Does you cell phone know where my favorite Pizza joint is? I keep forgetting This is what happens when you get to be an ole fart like me...... OnStar......Help!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by kestrel0222
I don't us it for directions, only for the piece of mind that if I get in a crash, my car calls for help.

Ditto!!
Old 08-17-2008, 06:07 PM

LEFT CELLPHONE AT HOME AND NEEDED TO MAKE A CALL. DROVE AROUND FOR HALF AN HOUR LOOKING FOR A PAY PHONE UNTIL A LIGHT WENT OFF IN MY HEAD!!!! YOU GOT ONSTAR!!! BUT THEN AGAIN I`M JUST A DOG ,WHAT DO I KNOW
Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 PM

I enjoy it, and the peice of mind that comes with it... esp. the lojack... because you never know
Old 08-18-2008, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by wysguy
I was also stupid enough to lock my keys in my car. Called Onstar, they were unable to open the doors (like they do in their ads), so they dispatched a locksmith (eta 1 hour given). Wife beat the locksmith there by 15 minutes with the spare key, cancelled locksmith. Not real pleased with Onstar, unless something happens in the next 11 months, I won't renew.
I locked the keys in my Impala one day, and Onstar unlocked it INSIDE the garage. I just left the garage door open. Onstar told me they might not be able to because of the car being inside, but by the time I got off the phone, it was done.

While it was inconvenient that they couldn't unlock your vehicle, they did dispatch a locksmith-at their expense.

Quick Reply: Let's Talk About Onstar