General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Regretting buying a HHR

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Platinum Member

No it's not. If your dealer does not give you satisfaction, and another dealer would not stand behind it like you say, would you not take it up a notch to GM itself?

Same as if the Outback restaurant did not give you satisfaction? Of course going to another Outback and complaining would be rather pointless - hummmm but you may luck out.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo
It makes it a GM dealer issue, not a GM manufacturer issue.

When you buy used, you buy the reason the previous owner traded it in. CPO should cover this, but again, that is the dealer, not the manufacturer.

That would be like saying you got a bad steak at Outback, therefore ALL Outback restaurants serve bad steaks.
I never said all HHRs are bad, I said that there is a predominate thread among HHR owners (satisfaction sitting at a 6/10 now) that there are quality issues.

And it is a manufacturer issue if they don't hold their dealerships accountable for blatantly lying on the inspection sheet.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member

GM provides the written criteria for the CPO with the offering dealer accepting the conditions for the use of the credential. Unfortunately in this instance (and many others on this forum), the dealer DID NOT initiate part of his requirement.....the full inspection and correction of the necessary "defects"......now they must "eat" the cost of the repairs (many dealers "gamble" by doing this), and that's not going to happen. So, in my view, it is a GM Dealer AND a GM Corp. problem.

If it is truly a covered vehicle and "King" does not get satisfaction from the dealer, GM does need to be informed and involved.

But, I believe there is some other mitigating factors in this instance that has not been revealed.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snoopy
But, I believe there is some other mitigating factors in this instance that has not been revealed.
And what would those be? That I didn't shop around to multiple dealerships for the warranty work?
Old 03-30-2014, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by King Aires
I never said all HHRs are bad, I said that there is a predominate thread among HHR owners (satisfaction sitting at a 6/10 now) that there are quality issues.

And it is a manufacturer issue if they don't hold their dealerships accountable for blatantly lying on the inspection sheet.

Sorry GM, last car I will ever own of yours, wish you would take this one back too.
Sounds like you are saying all GM cars are bad.

Here's what I'm trying to get across:

You have a specific problem with a specific dealer, and make a sweeping statement about General Motors.

I can understand being upset, just be specific about whom you are upset with. This is the best tactic to get the problem resolved. Contrary to popular belief, the squeaky wheel does not always get greased. Sometimes it get lawyered into oblivion.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo
Sounds like you are saying all GM cars are bad.

Here's what I'm trying to get across:

You have a specific problem with a specific dealer, and make a sweeping statement about General Motors.

I can understand being upset, just be specific about whom you are upset with. This is the best tactic to get the problem resolved. Contrary to popular belief, the squeaky wheel does not always get greased. Sometimes it get lawyered into oblivion.
I am upset that GM would allow a program to go unchecked like this and allow people to buy certified cars that are no better than craiglisters. I am not saying all GM cars are bad, I am saying their program is bad so I won't partake again.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:24 PM

king,sorry you're having issues-----
i just picked up a used one owner 2011 -- love this car soooo much...
its my second one -previously had an 08,also a very good car.....
cars are mechanical,they all break,-being a tech makes that easier to handle..
even though it was cpo,you have no idea,nobody does,how/where it was used for the first 45000 miles or so-everything going on your car sounds like a wear item,other than the recall--hope it all gets done right for you.....

Last edited by in the wind; 03-31-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 10:09 PM

Well. I got my 08 brand new, and at 50,000 it needed new struts and (still) needs the LCA bushing- but I blame Detroit's crappy roads. Damn potholes took out the ball joints on my F150 as well.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 AM
Platinum Member

I am upset that GM would allow a program to go unchecked like this and allow people to buy certified cars that are no better than craiglisters. I am not saying all GM cars are bad, I am saying their program is bad so I won't partake again.
What? It's one car man!!! Unfortunately it's yours - so deal it up with GM if the dealer does not meet your levels of satisfaction.

It sounds like you better sell it asap, and be done with it.
Old 03-31-2014, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by in the wind
.............even though it was cpo,you have no idea,nobody does,how it was used for the first 45000 miles or so-.............
Isn't that the purpose of the CPO inspection? That should at least give them a clue of how it was used if they know what to look for. Then they can make whatever corrections necessary prior to selling it. If they don't make the post inspection corrections they should sell it as is rather than CPO. Otherwise it's no better than buying off Craigslist as mentioned earlier.

Quick Reply: Regretting buying a HHR