General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The Tale and End of my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Problem is, that the real question is... Where are those parts made? Finally assembly can't always be blamed for craptastic parts.

My wife's Ford Fiesta was assembled in Mexico and we have only had it in the shop twice (3 days total) and otherwise been a great car.

But finally the funniest part about your post is that you're Mexican or at least from Mexico.
Well, almost every part made from the HHR has "Made in Mexico" legend. You would be shocked if you know how many GM part suppliers are located at Ramos Arizpe. I´ve worked with some of them in due that are suppliers from the same company that work. Geez, If you know....
Old 08-12-2011, 06:12 PM

I will have to just agree with you since I don't know any better.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:12 AM

Glad to hear yours is finally gone, my case with Gm settled a while back and then gave me about 20% of what I had paid used which was great from what our lemon law said for it. I don't get why they were do stupid with you about it from the start.

Good luck with the volvo. :)
Old 08-13-2011, 07:14 AM

C30 Exhaust sounds with new exhaust systems

Gasman; I looked to see what a C30 looked like and found this, there are more on same site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnHbr4PwWt4&NR=1
Old 08-13-2011, 10:14 AM

At least you're getting into something new Gas Man. I'll echo the sentiment put here and hope that you'll stick around here. Best of luck with the Volvo, as I'm positive you'll make it "yours" in no time at all!

Later
Allex

EDIT: Here's a one-off, hi-horsepower version as a 'teaser' Gas Man. ---> http://youtu.be/IL3yQDxGXI8

Last edited by asanti; 08-13-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added linky
Old 08-13-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Sunflowerhippi
Glad to hear yours is finally gone, my case with Gm settled a while back and then gave me about 20% of what I had paid used which was great from what our lemon law said for it. I don't get why they were do stupid with you about it from the start.

Good luck with the volvo. :)
Thanks girl. GM could have done that with me as well, in which I may have took, if it was enough to trade the SS in and break out. However, I like this better.

Originally Posted by oneton
Gasman; I looked to see what a C30 looked like and found this, there are more on same site

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnHbr4PwWt4&NR=1
Thanks but I'm looking at this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch9vocq5Aiw

Plus they make huge power kits for later life.

Originally Posted by asanti
At least you're getting into something new Gas Man. I'll echo the sentiment put here and hope that you'll stick around here. Best of luck with the Volvo, as I'm positive you'll make it "yours" in no time at all!

Later
Allex

EDIT: Here's a one-off, hi-horsepower version as a 'teaser' Gas Man. ---> http://youtu.be/IL3yQDxGXI8
I always get into something, if not bikes, cars.

Thanks! and that polestar is the sweetest hatch. Jeremy Clarkston said it was the best hatch ever. There's a cool video somewhere of him driving the GTI, Focus ST, and then the polestar
Old 08-13-2011, 01:40 PM

Retired school teacher Irv Gordon has 3 MILLION miles on his 1966 Volvo P1800. He broke the record for most miles on a one-owner private vehicle in 2002 when the car had a mere 2 million miles on it.
Bet your C30 doesn't get a tenth that far, even if you do drive it for 45 years!
Old 08-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Good luck with your new ride. I sympathize with the problems you had, and agree that the Volvo is a viable alternative. I thought of a C30 when I was about to buy, but I just keep on buying GM. The HHR may have flaws (no majors, so far), but mine has served me well. I've had less problems during the 55k miles than on any other car I've had (except for my '73 Superbeetle, 110k and no problems for me, now has 600k- belongs to an old friend). My panel has more practicallity than all my others, to date, overall, so that's why I value it so. I will keep a car 'til it dies, or I give it to a friend, and the HHR is here for the long run as well. I'd still have my '73 Volvo 142 as well, but my brother stole it and totalled it (2 others of mine too). But, parts and repair costs for the Volvo were $$$$ and mostly had to be ordered from Sweden in the '70s. I can get parts from anywhere for GM...that's why I stick with them. I've sidestepped a coupla times since , but no more Nissans or Fords again....
Old 08-13-2011, 11:21 PM

Flame on:

I'm just going to stay that US cars started declining in quality when we starting exporting parts, stamping, assembly to other countries. Take it as you will but from my experience, a Big Three vehicle with a 100% of parts made and assemblied in the United States was made with great quality. I will say not all of them were perfect. Everybody's human and makes mistakes but the Detroit Big 3 still made and still makes the best vehicles around.

As you can see, I love my Detroit automakers. I have 4 generations in my family that have worked for each of the big 3.

Ok, off my soapbox, Flame away:

Dave
Old 08-14-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by kornellred
Retired school teacher Irv Gordon has 3 MILLION miles on his 1966 Volvo P1800. He broke the record for most miles on a one-owner private vehicle in 2002 when the car had a mere 2 million miles on it.
Bet your C30 doesn't get a tenth that far, even if you do drive it for 45 years!
I bet you're right, considering I don't drive my personal car often.

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
Flame on:

I'm just going to stay that US cars started declining in quality when we starting exporting parts, stamping, assembly to other countries. Take it as you will but from my experience, a Big Three vehicle with a 100% of parts made and assemblied in the United States was made with great quality. I will say not all of them were perfect. Everybody's human and makes mistakes but the Detroit Big 3 still made and still makes the best vehicles around.

As you can see, I love my Detroit automakers. I have 4 generations in my family that have worked for each of the big 3.

Ok, off my soapbox, Flame away:

Dave
I agree Dave but that chances of a car being completely made & assembled here is slim to none.

Quick Reply: The Tale and End of my HHR