General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

The Tale and End of my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Gas Man- Good luck on the new car when it arrives..

Seems you had more than your share of headaches with yer SS..Maybe it was made on friday ?

I had a feeling you unloaded it a while back..

Don't be a stranger..
Thanks man. You've been a great bud on here. I think we clicked due to our passion for riding and you helped a bunch. I appreciate it. Your feeling was correct on me getting rid of it. Even before I did, the stress of the whole case kept me off here. I just wanted it "out of sight, out of mind" if you know what I mean.

Made on a friday... maybe. Heck I had to have the entire carpet replaced when it was like 5 days old because some jerk had dropped the hot glue on the carpet during assembly and burned a whole in it. Plus then later, learned about the blown motor. Maybe you're right or maybe the guys didn't get their ciesta.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:13 PM

Here's what I ordered... but in the 2012 format with LED front DRLs and a few other small mods.

Name:  07-12-2011%208-19-49%20AM.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  07-12-2011%208-19-05%20AM.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  29.7 KB

Name:  07-12-2011%208-20-49%20AM.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  23.9 KB

Name:  07-12-2011%208-22-17%20AM.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  33.1 KB
Old 08-11-2011, 11:31 PM
geg

In Russia there is a concept - "not lucky car". I did not own such a car, but I know many people who bought this cars and have flour during the whole period of ownership.
I'm very sorry about your problem, buddy. I see - the fate shipped to you are "not lucky car".
I see no fault of GM, except for the arrogant and unprofessional attitude to customers (but it seems that it is common practice of the U.S. dilers). Stars in the sky got a fatal configuration During the assembly of your SS (most likely the Moon, to be exact).
Your father and grandfather worked for GM. You have a good dating service in this company.
Find a good astrologer (not clown with fair), tell him of you problem. It calculates the good time to buy vehicles, it calculates the optimal date and time the assembly of the car. I assure you - this car will never break, this car take out you of all road accidents without loss, you will love this car as native son, you love this car lifelong, and when you die - you will be buried in it instead of a coffin . It does not matter what brand of this car.
If you do not believe in astrology - not necessary. But you have nothing to lose except $ 50. In the worst case, make sure that all astrologers - charlatans and GEG - a full idiot.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Here's what I ordered... but in the 2012 format with LED front DRLs and a few other small mods.

Attachment 9666

Attachment 9667

Attachment 9668

Attachment 9669
Looks like a blend of the MS3 and CSRT4. Its got Caliber SRT wheels and the rear almost looks like a MS3.

Dave
Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Thanks man. You've been a great bud on here. I think we clicked due to our passion for riding and you helped a bunch. I appreciate it. Your feeling was correct on me getting rid of it. Even before I did, the stress of the whole case kept me off here. I just wanted it "out of sight, out of mind" if you know what I mean.
Thanks, I feel the same way bout our common interest in scoots..

I also appreciate your detailed How To's w/tons of pics too..

I thought that was the case, about you shedding that car..Don't blame ya. IIRC, I once commented to unload it..

Anyhow moving on...
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 AM
Platinum Member

Keep us posted on the experience with the C30 - reminds me of the p1800ES from the 60's.

Ride safe man.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Deceased

According to the European car magazines the C-30 is an update/continuation of the 1986-1995 Volvo 480/480T, which was a pretty sharp 3 door hatch never offered outside of Europe.
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Premium Member

Gasman. Sorry to loose you from the ranks of HHR owners. You have always supported us all, some of us need more help than others (me). I have seen a few of those little buggers running around here, again you have great taste, they have a lot of things there,that if you wanted on your HHR, you would have to do it yourself. I hope it runs great for you, are they faster that the SS when it ran 40% of the time ??

You know, we all want to hear what you are going to modify first (with pic's) so don't be a stranger. Happy trails
Old 08-12-2011, 08:09 AM

Chris, glad to hear the story has come to a close and you will soon be rolling in a new ride
Old 08-12-2011, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by geg
In Russia there is a concept - "not lucky car". I did not own such a car, but I know many people who bought this cars and have flour during the whole period of ownership.
I'm very sorry about your problem, buddy. I see - the fate shipped to you are "not lucky car".
I see no fault of GM, except for the arrogant and unprofessional attitude to customers (but it seems that it is common practice of the U.S. dilers). Stars in the sky got a fatal configuration During the assembly of your SS (most likely the Moon, to be exact).
Your father and grandfather worked for GM. You have a good dating service in this company.
Find a good astrologer (not clown with fair), tell him of you problem. It calculates the good time to buy vehicles, it calculates the optimal date and time the assembly of the car. I assure you - this car will never break, this car take out you of all road accidents without loss, you will love this car as native son, you love this car lifelong, and when you die - you will be buried in it instead of a coffin . It does not matter what brand of this car.
If you do not believe in astrology - not necessary. But you have nothing to lose except $ 50. In the worst case, make sure that all astrologers - charlatans and GEG - a full idiot.
I have never heard it put that way geg. I appreciate your wisdom. I may have to look into that.

Originally Posted by 2010SilverIceSS
Looks like a blend of the MS3 and CSRT4. Its got Caliber SRT wheels and the rear almost looks like a MS3.

Dave
Yeah, it's another car that I'm sure not all will like. Kinda like the HHR. But it's what we do to stay ahead or at least stand out of the pack of sheep that most people are.

Originally Posted by sleeper
Thanks, I feel the same way bout our common interest in scoots..

I also appreciate your detailed How To's w/tons of pics too..

I thought that was the case, about you shedding that car..Don't blame ya. IIRC, I once commented to unload it..

Anyhow moving on...
Thanks! and you're right, you did say that. I was in the process of doing it for the past few months (since about March). It's sad, because I was ready to just keep it, trefica tune it and go on with life. But the car and GM had other plans. Oh well...

Originally Posted by 843de
According to the European car magazines the C-30 is an update/continuation of the 1986-1995 Volvo 480/480T, which was a pretty sharp 3 door hatch never offered outside of Europe.
Never knew that...

Originally Posted by SS fan
Gasman. Sorry to loose you from the ranks of HHR owners. You have always supported us all, some of us need more help than others (me). I have seen a few of those little buggers running around here, again you have great taste, they have a lot of things there,that if you wanted on your HHR, you would have to do it yourself. I hope it runs great for you, are they faster that the SS when it ran 40% of the time ??

You know, we all want to hear what you are going to modify first (with pic's) so don't be a stranger. Happy trails
Thanks man. Appreciate it. Truly.

For aftermarket on the C30, there are a few companies out there that make some killer stuff. Not that I will do much of it for a while. Remembering, that the Volvo covers EVERYTHING (except tires) bumper to bumper for 5yr/50k. Every oil change, air filter, brake pads, brake rotors, and all other normal warranty stuff.

Plus the insurance is considerably lower than the SS, to which my insurance agent said "of course it is lower, IT'S A VOLVO!". LOL

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Chris, glad to hear the story has come to a close and you will soon be rolling in a new ride
Thanks Dayton... for everything. Honestly! You're good people regardless what that Dustin guy says.

Quick Reply: The Tale and End of my HHR