General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

Traded in my bagged hhr

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:43 PM

It works both ways. "As is" is "as is". (can you say that 10 times?). You never hear of a used car lot fully disclosing any issues to a customer.

Years ago, a VW dealership sold me a Super Beetle with a transmission that popped out of gear in reverse. On a test drive, it didn't present itself. They denied everything and I was a 20 year old with a loan and on the hook for a transmission.

I feel that anything that the public can get out of these crooks doesn't even chip the iceberg compared to what they do to the public. It's not fraud. It's buyer beware and again, it works both ways...
Old 02-27-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
It works both ways. "As is" is "as is". (can you say that 10 times?). You never hear of a used car lot fully disclosing any issues to a customer.

Years ago, a VW dealership sold me a Super Beetle with a transmission that popped out of gear in reverse. On a test drive, it didn't present itself. They denied everything and I was a 20 year old with a loan and on the hook for a transmission.

I feel that anything that the public can get out of these crooks doesn't even chip the iceberg compared to what they do to the public. It's not fraud. It's buyer beware and again, it works both ways...
Old 02-27-2011, 07:52 PM

dealer gets what he DESERVES.

In 1954 I had just gottenout of the service, my uncle was an an Exective in the movie industry, bought anew Lincoln a lemon to start with, power windows would not stay up so we blocked them up with woodm the trans was shot filled that withoat meal and put honey in the engine as it would burn it so fast had the tires regrooved, looled perfect he traded it in on a new Lincoln hate to think what the dealer did with it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by garagebuilt
I told them it was bagged they didn't ask. They dogged me for painting it myself too. They called around and had three people give them offers before they would tell me what they would give me. So I'm sure they had it sold rig away for what they gave me. They wouldn't let me take anything but the speaker and amp. I really wanted to swap wheel but I couldnt. It was the Honda dealer in lake Jackson tx. I still have a 51 chevy to play with so I don't think I'll miss it too much. It looked good in pics but it had problems. Exhaust leaks check engine lights cause of the evap canister and what not
sounds like you told them all they needed to know then, sorry
Old 02-27-2011, 09:45 PM

Wow ..its ok for the dealer to play the numbers game with people and rip em on trade offs and interest but no ok for the Gander........better get the mirrors out
Old 02-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
sounds like you told them all they needed to know then, sorry
Good on you man!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:01 AM

Hey, in my defense; I found out later that they had it up for sale at $8600. But, anytime you buy a used car, you should check the title. I'm pretty sure they never sold it at that price, unless someone was dumb enough not to check the backround of it.

Dave
Old 02-28-2011, 12:05 PM

Yeah...it's pretty bad when the whole world is about seeking revenge. What happened to just being nice to others?
Old 02-28-2011, 12:35 PM

My comments were not revenged based! We have heard of to many scenarios in which the consumer is the one that is told "Buyer Be Ware" or "Sorry But You Bought it As Is"! We feel that the same goes for a dealership especially with there available resources! We have traded in vehicles with no major issues and if they want to know what underlying issues may exsist they are free to do an inspection or even a Car Fax report !

Peace.....
Old 03-01-2011, 11:37 AM

So yesterday I went back and they were supposed to have a tech take out my bucket seats and install the stock ones. Well the joke was on me I had to do it and all the tools they had were a ratchet vice grips and some 24" channel locks. It only took me about three hours. The cool part was when I pulled the rear seats and found the carpet was covered in mouse droppings. The foam under the carpet was eaten too. Never saw the mouse. The salesman didn't even care when he found out the factory seats won't bolt in. He said to just make it look like it was.

I also noticed they had used half a tank of air in 2 days. I can't wait til it runs out and it's stuck there