General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Sad about your incident, Ron.

Well 8 hours of blood transfusions yesterday for Sweetie, and we'll have to go back tomorrow for maybe more, but most likely just blood tests.
Today is rest and relax day, I might get out to install the K&N FIPK. If I perk up abit.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:43 AM
Deceased

Ouch Ron! That's one of those "nowhere to go, no time to do anything anyway deals", but I doubt they'll write it off. Most likely, your insurance company will have the shop replace the transmission with a "Good Used" unit of comparable condition.

8 hours of blood transfusions, please give your Sweetie our love Oldblue, and tell her to keep kicking this stuff's butt to the curb.

Got the first "Ice Possible" message from Paddy this morning, 31° here overnight, and as usual the Tiger Paw GTZ's took 5 miles to become round again. It's like those old hotel beds with the "Magic Fingers" box on them, after the first turn the flat spots on the tires are out of phase, and you just vibrate along.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:18 PM

Mike, Oldblue thanks. Still waiting for the adjuster to show up. I have called my insurance co. And they put me in touch with the adjuster and I left him a message though no response as of yet. I hope they don't write it off. There is no body damage, the engine starts and runs and it only has 55000 miles on it.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:35 AM
Deceased

Geez Ron, aren't you glad you pay your premiums on time? Once your HHR is repaired, and I really don't think they'll write it off, I'd dump that insurance company like a hot potato come renewal time.

My did yesterday was driving Paddy home via the Shell station, just Regular grade this time, I swear his bumper ends were turned down in a pout.

Shell = V-Power Premium in his..err..mind. Gotta run Regular from time to time, especially when it's less than $2 a gallon.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:02 AM
Platinum Member

Less than $2 a gallon? Mutter mutter - chite!!! chite!! - We are only paying $4.69 for a US gal..

For the HHR - I looked at the front hubs stacked near the front door. If it wasn't for the wind, rain, and an aching back, they might have found their way onto the car. Maybe tomorrow???
Old 12-04-2015, 03:49 AM
Deceased

Sorry Number One, but you'll have to take gas prices up with Ottawa, and The Right Honorable Justin Trudeau...he's got his Father's nose.

Going for the bilateral hub replacement, my back is already aching in sympathy whopper.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Put the K&N kit in yesterday! Drove to Hamilton this morning , to early to tell any difference.

Don't forget 6 pm tonight it's Friday!!
Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Oldblue; 12-04-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Deceased

The deal with K&N filters is more induction snarl which can fool your "Butt Dyno" into feeling a couple of extra ponies there Oldblue, just keep an eye out for any CEL's that arise.

Over the years K&N's and other oiled element filters have "Oiled Down" MAF Sensors causing codes to be thrown.

And I don't have to tell you, but for the new folks, MAF Sensor Cleaner only please.

My did is still in progress, Michelle is getting another Chemo infusion, it still looks like Prestone to me...but if it nails any cancer cells that got loose, it can look like Hamster wee, and we won't mind.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 843de
The deal with K&N filters is more induction snarl which can fool your "Butt Dyno" into feeling a couple of extra ponies there Oldblue, just keep an eye out for any CEL's that arise.

Over the years K&N's and other oiled element filters have "Oiled Down" MAF Sensors causing codes to be thrown.

And I don't have to tell you, but for the new folks, MAF Sensor Cleaner only please.

My did is still in progress, Michelle is getting another Chemo infusion, it still looks like Prestone to me...but if it nails any cancer cells that got loose, it can look like Hamster wee, and we won't mind.
Keep us updated Blue!!!! I plan on installing my Airaid system later today. Put the thing together last night (The damn thing is made of STEEL!!!). I went with a "dry" filter because knowing me I will definitely over oil an oiled one, and I have heard they are a death sentence to MAF sensors. Ill post up a pic hopefully tonight!!!!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Administrator

I've had a K&N drop in filter for years and never had the oil in the MAF problem, I wasn't expecting gains in ponies just in MPG , I'll test it for a month and decide it I'll keep it on or not!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?