General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Casa Del Gatos
Hi Hilcat,

Previously arranged here. A question about TTR's engine mount turned into an invitation from George to show me.
Next time I am thinking we will have to get coffee or something too! I pretty much chewed his ear off.
Agreed. It was a nice meet up. This is the 1st person from ChevyHHR.net that I have met in person.
Hope I didn't cause any problems with some of my suggestions for Ross' beautiful AA5 SS. (Problems as in it's gonna cost him some $. )

Not only do our cars look similar, but our pictures came out looking alike.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Great photo to both!
Old 02-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Maintence performed today
Oil and Filter changed.
Power Stop Rotors and pads replaced
existing set up. ( possible factory rotors and pads)
80,041 on odo'
Old 02-20-2018, 10:32 AM

Yesterday, actually:

I replaced the headlamp on my Blue HHR (with a Silverstar!), reinstalled the LED cargo light I'd removed from the Silver when I thought I wasn't going to keep it, AND painted both sets of keys so I don't get confused. Here's what they look like now:

I used nail polish to paint the fobs. It's designed to stick, easy to apply, dries fast, is solvent-based (not latex), and it comes in LOTS of colors, including metallics. At swap meets/flea markets, it can be a couple of dollars a bottle. And it'll be easy to retouch if/when I need to.... I chose the colors to match the two cars.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Yesterday, went for a drive, on way home had that clunk and bump on left front, drive it home, discovered a stainless steel small trim screw in tread, it was raining so I waited till today to go to tire shop, he unscrewed the screw, it was maybe 1/4 long, no hole in thread, no air leaking . So while he had that tire off he rotated my tires for me , let me torque the lug nuts, and said drive save and have a good day! It’s on the house!
I love these guys!
Old 02-21-2018, 10:31 AM

I just ordered new wiper blades for both HHRs - Bosch Icons for the front, and that Trico Exact-fit for the rear. The RockAuto process was simple, and even before the discount, the prices were MUCH better than my local retail parts store.

Now, all we need is RAIN, here in SoCal....
Old 02-21-2018, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by hilcat
I just ordered new wiper blades for both HHRs - Bosch Icons for the front, and that Trico Exact-fit for the rear. The RockAuto process was simple, and even before the discount, the prices were MUCH better than my local retail parts store.

Now, all we need is RAIN, here in SoCal....
I found Amazon has great prices on the Bosch Icons. I ordered them for my new Subaru only to find that wiper blades are covered under warranty. So I exchanged them for my wife's Odyssey. I paid $43 shipped to the house including sales tax.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:38 PM

The RockAuto Icons were just over $13 each, which was far less than the $20 I paid last time at a local chain store. And while one corporation is not necessarily different than another, My $60 to RockAuto (for two complete sets of wipers) will mean more to them than it would to Amazon.

(There's other stuff I've found I buy from Amazon - stuff that is extremely hard to find elsewhere. But I refused to use Amazon until about a year ago.)

Amazon ain't ever going to give chevvyhhr.net a discount of any kind, just sayin'.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:03 PM
Administrator

And RockAuto is now one of our supporting vendors.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:18 AM

I added bull horns on the grille, blacked out the bow tie emblem, VIP curtains and tray, interior led light swap, brake pads and rotors, drums and shoes, struts custom carpeting in the rear took about 14 hours total

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?