General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 09:07 AM
Administrator

The HHR, ran great, the steering wheel shake is completely gone after last years problems, the exhaust gaskets both blew out, and the OEM rack was failing at the pinion input shaft.
I kept up to fast lane traffic, lucked out with traffic and avoided most construction.
I had drained the oil catch can of 14.5 ozs. Mostly water.
I’m going to check that on Wednesday, today is eye doctor for Sweetie and Tuesday is her oncologist follow up .
Old 05-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Platinum Member

I swapped my Lund* framed perimeter grille out, back to my former 3 bar/ painted 2 bar grille. Was time for a change.
Attached Images   
Old 05-02-2018, 12:44 AM

They Both look great!
Old 05-02-2018, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member

Thank You, appreciate that.
Old 05-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Well, when the blue lights behind me came on, I pulled my Panel the shoulder of the road, parked & put my flashers on. Seems I made a turn where I shouldn't have.

Officer asked me why I did that ? I simply replied: "Sir, it was a stupid move on my part".
He said that was the most honest answer he had got today, & let me go. Yea !!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:51 PM
Administrator

Good thing Sleeper, that could have been expensive.
Today a trip to the country, stock up on eggs, bread.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member

Blue- Yes, sure could have put a big bite on my wallet, & safe driving record.

Today I was trying out some new waxes my cousin swears by.
Old 05-04-2018, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

Sleeper - ya know, I like your 3/2-bar grill better. Just sets off the front nice and sleek.

And good deal on escaping the ticket. it does pay to be nice at times eh? LOL

What are the new waxes you are trying? I'm kind of stuck on the Meguiars line lately - love their Ultimate line of wax, detailing spray, and instant wax (for quick touch-ups). Works great on the black cherry paint for me.

Edit addition: Yeah I am a sucker for a new wax - I went to an industrial paint store to pick up some high adhesion satin black for some trim work, and ended up walking out with yet another bottle of wax I had never tried before. It's a sealer wax that is supposed to be good for a year - will give it a try anyways. LOL

Last edited by whopper; 05-04-2018 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Today out for dinner with the family, it’s been two years on April 7 Sweetie has her transplant and 1 year ago on April 30 she retired after 42 years with one employer, we love that Green and yellow tractor!
5 years ago today I suffered that concussion that put me on the DL, and off work , so a lot of stuff going on.
I might just muster up the stamina to wash Oldblue, maybe next week, clean up and put on the summer WV rally rims

Old 05-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by whopper
Sleeper - ya know, I like your 3/2-bar grill better. Just sets off the front nice and sleek. Thank You Whopper. I appreciate your input, & agree, just looks beefier.

And good deal on escaping the ticket. it does pay to be nice at times eh? LOL
Yes I lucked out there, no doubt. My Dad used to say: "It's nice to be nice", especially to the cops.

What are the new waxes you are trying? I'm kind of stuck on the Meguiars line lately - love their Ultimate line of wax, detailing spray, and instant wax (for quick touch-ups). Works great on the black cherry paint for me. That's great stuff. I use an Ebony glaze on my Black Fat Boy.....

I'm trying this liquid wax called "The Perfect Wax", I googled it & can't find anything, other than boat (fiberglass & RV). My cousin is an RV freak. It can be used by hand or buffer. Supposed to be good for a year. I've only used a bit as a test. Seems ok.
Cousin was so jazzed by it he sent me a whole kit.

Edit addition: Yeah I am a sucker for a new wax - I've been using a wax that at least a decade ago was discontinued, (Rain Dance* paste) when I learned this was gonna happen, I bought 12 cans, essentially buying out that store. What I like best about my paste wax is that I can wax my ZT Mower in November, let mower sleep all winter & come spring easily wipe off the wax.
And I've had chrome parts in wax for 10+ years & when ready, easy wipe off. But now I'm down to only remnants in my last can.

I went to an industrial paint store to pick up some high adhesion satin black for some trim work, and ended up walking out with yet another bottle of wax I had never tried before. I can relate to that. The stuff is getting better & better. It's a sealer wax that is supposed to be good for a year - will give it a try anyways. That's it, try it. LOL

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today out for dinner with the family, it’s been two years on April 7 Sweetie has her transplant Blue- Definitely a landmark day. and 1 year ago on April 30 she retired after 42 years with one employer, we love that Green and yellow tractor! Awesome !!! & that's also amazing your Sweetie being at one place for 42 years.
5 years ago today I suffered that concussion that put me on the DL, and off work ,Sorry to learn of this. so a lot of stuff going on. Big Congrats on all your wonderful anniversaries. You & yours have much to celebrate !! Awesome !!!
I might just muster up the stamina to wash Oldblue, maybe next week, clean up and put on the summer WV rally rims Now, you got me thinking I want some spare change out wheels also, I like your Rallys the best.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?