General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:58 AM

After last week's wash and thin coating of easy-to-remove Meguiar's #7
I did the following yesterday:
  • spray cleaner (waterless car wash) to remove bugs, dirt and the mirror glaze
  • Meguiar's clay bar on the paint

• Adam's Polishes Glass Cleaner as lubricant for the clay bar on the glass, then Adam's Glass Sealant.

Now I'm headed to the garage to use some more spray-on carwash, then cleaner wax (i see some water spots and a couple of little paint swirls). After that, Meguiar's #7, followed by Mequiar's #26 and then some sort of sealant.
Old 08-16-2010, 02:50 PM

Changed oil to Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic with an AC Delco filter (filter made in the USA, damn, we do still make stuff here. The Napa Gold that was in there was made in south Korea.... )

Also got my Mooneyes door lock knobs in the mail today, actually I bought the air valve caps and adapted..... (sue me I'm cheap) Moved the cheap plastic "Bell" brand knobs to the back where nobody sits and they are behind factory tinted glass...... so they look alright. (by the way, those are air valve caps on threaded posts..... the Moon brand went on those posts as they were already mounted up front so technically I adapted the back ones)

Yes the Mooneyes ones do look considerably better and are metal if you are in to such things. Now I can get rid of the "Clay Smith" woody stickers and put Moon Eyes on my front fenders and be legit.

Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Rest In Peace

I got my dash back together with the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD installed.

Trial and error cutting out behind the Head Unit to get it to fit, but it's installed.

I got the 9" Headrests hooked up .

I still have some wire Hiding to do, and Decide were to Mount the Rear View Camera at.

I like that Alot, Nice to have on a Panel, nice WIDE View too.

I hooked up the Relay BYPASS so DVD's can be watched up Front while Driving. (Relax, for the Front Passengers Viewing Pleasure.)

You Can't see the rear monitors on during the Day from outside looking in the rear window, but you can at Night.

Funny seeing people at lights behind you watching and trying to figure out What Movie is playing.

I was playing, The Shining and Caddy shack last night. lol

The kids actually Like the old knockoff vintage games that come with the Headrest system.

Next up will be swapping out the door speakers and adding in the 2 Amps and 12" subwoofer. Eliminating the factory amp and 8" sub.

But at least now I have Full Entertainment value going on with the rear seat installed as well.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by RAD
if you remove the amber lens on the front headlights would that be illegal? ive been wanting to do that for a while so i could add brighter lights =)
I'll be adding a blue chrome amber bulb, Looks like blue chrome lights up amber.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 PM

Added Giovanni wheels (thanks, Moon)
Old 08-18-2010, 06:22 PM

I just ordered a complete set of rear seat belts for the Panel. Picked up the rear seat a few days ago. Cant wait to get started on it!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by scooterville
I just ordered a complete set of rear seat belts for the Panel. Picked up the rear seat a few days ago. Cant wait to get started on it!
OHHH your gonna Love that addition to your Panel!

I just did it to mine as well. Very nice to be able to seat 5 and still have the COOL Panel.

I got lucky and talked the guy at the salvage yard to allow Me to remove everything I Needed/Wanted so I got the belts and nuts, bolts and covers.

Looks like it was always in there from the factory.

I was just missing One headrest. Working on getting that taken care of.

I plan on adding the interior door panels from a windowed HHR so I will have inside door handles armrest and door pockets. Custom Combining the two.

Congrats and Enjoy the Panel Life!
Old 08-18-2010, 11:59 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by sleeper
That's a good way to lose a rear door, back passenger can't see & opens the door w/traffic going by.......... BOOM....... instant 3 door panel..
The Panels rear doors already have the Latch to Open the doors from the inside. The handle allows you to Close it from inside, and Control it while opening it as well.

Just as you would for a child, you watch and tell your passanger when it is safe to open the door.

Custom Vans used to have curtains and or venetian blinds you could not see anything through and we Somehow managed to Survive.

My older Brother had a Vega(in the early 70's) 2 door Wagon, Yellow with Black curtains all around, we all managed to open the door without loosing one.

At some point, good old Common Sense comes into play in life.

Some of us still possess that, even though the Government would have you think otherwise.

Last edited by American & Proud; 08-19-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Platinum Member

You're Right, I blame it on a brain fart....... (my bad)..

I had a Vega wagon with curtains too..
Old 08-19-2010, 12:32 AM
Deceased

Washed, detailed, filled with premium, and patted on fender while saying "good trucklet, good trucklet".....Cripes I'm boring.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?