General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 11:13 AM

@Style
I had asked about the "swirl marks" and the body man told me they'ed wash/wax out and suggested that I have the panel detailed to complete the restore.

Originally Posted by glassdave
lol . . . . . measure from the ground to the top of the arch (the wheel opening).
They are all right at 27" give or take an eighth of an inch. I'm going to wait until I can pull it in the garage to get under it and check out the springs. That's providing I can squeeze myself under it.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Musky
@Style
I had asked about the "swirl marks" and the body man told me they'ed wash/wax out and suggested that I have the panel detailed to complete the restore.

They are all right at 27" give or take an eighth of an inch. I'm going to wait until I can pull it in the garage to get under it and check out the springs. That's providing I can squeeze myself under it.

in my area to remove them properly is called paint correction and would cost 350 to 500 with no protection just polish and with protection 1400 to 2000 ,if a bodyshop cant finish a job they start maybe they shouldnt be working on cars.

Most body shops at least polishout half the Mark's and fill in the rest with silicone based foam pad polish so it looks decent or at least better then that..

Old 05-04-2019, 06:58 PM

Good to know, thanks!
Old 05-06-2019, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Musky
@Style

good to know, I'm at 27.5 at the front and 29 ish at the rear. I think i am going to do the Eibach springs to level and lower a bit

sooooo . . . .anyways . . . . i go back to the yard to grab some running boards, got those off no prob and i decide to make a quick sweep and maybe grab some interior panels while i'm there for the change over to black. Low and behold i run across a near mint power black leather interior, no tears or anything just needs a wipe down and their good. Of course i pull those but now i got two very nice black interiors, head back to the first HHR i got the cloth one from to pull some very nice Fosgate subs and as i'm popping those out two guys walk up to the back of it and i hear the one guys say "crap, the seats are gone" . . . i pop up and ask what they were looking for and he said he had a panel and was wanting to do the rear seat lol . . . .gave him my number and said gimmie a call i grabbed these the other day you can have them for what i got in 'em Got the whole leather interior for around a hundred bucks

Hey quick question for anyone that has ever don an interior change.
1 - how big a chore is it getting the black dash and associated panels? I know the console isnt bad but how tough is the upper and lower dash face panels?
2 - i grabbed the two black rear door panels from a pair of window doors. Can these be modified for use in a panel?
3 - there is a white panel in the yard that has the rear door panels. At first i thought they were black but after looking they appear to be a very dark charcoal. Did they have both black as well as charcoal? I think i am going back after the rest of the black plastic s soon as i can thinking they are a bit harder to find

Old 05-06-2019, 08:14 PM

I might have mentioned elsewhere on the forum, my HHR decided not to start after a night at 21 below, a few months ago. I decided this was probably an indicator that my 8+ year old battery was probably about ready to retire.
It did. This weekend.

So, today I got a new one. Working fine now. :)
Old 05-06-2019, 08:26 PM
Platinum Member

2 - i grabbed the two black rear door panels from a pair of window doors. Can these be modified for use in a panel?

3 - there is a white panel in the yard that has the rear door panels. At first i thought they were black but after looking they appear to be a very dark charcoal. Did they have both black as well as charcoal? I think i am going back after the rest of the black plastic s soon as i can thinking they are a bit harder to find

Nice Score on the Blk Leather.

And the rear 'wagon' door panels won't fit the panel if you still have the storage box, because of the door panel hand grabs, they hit the box before the door can close.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper

Nice Score on the Blk Leather.

And the rear 'wagon' door panels won't fit the panel if you still have the storage box, because of the door panel hand grabs, they hit the box before the door can close.
my box was long gone when i got my panel so after a few threads on here about it i kinda resolved myself to do the rear seat conversion. After scoring the leather front and rear seats i grabbed the door panels hoping they would work. I suspect i'll have to come up with something creative for the top half though.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
my box was long gone when i got my panel so after a few threads on here about it i kinda resolved myself to do the rear seat conversion. After scoring the leather front and rear seats i grabbed the door panels hoping they would work. I suspect i'll have to come up with something creative for the top half though.
OK, cool. If you look thru former member American & Prouds' old posts he made a nice addition to his wagon door panels by adding tops to them. Several others have done this too.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:11 PM

Sunroof glass shattered suddenly while I was on my way to work this morning. Hmm.

Last edited by spacer; 05-10-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Platinum Member

Very strange, is it possible something hit it ?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?