General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Deceased

Originally Posted by SS fan
Is it just me, or are the rest of you amazed at the amount of dirt our tail end gets on it. Mine seems to suck all the dirt and muck from two counties, and plants it on the rear. It is going to rain but I can't take this, I got to wash it anyway.
You can thank the HHR's "two box" design for the dirty tail syndrome, there's a low pressure area back there combined with a wake vortices and it just sucks up dirt and dust.

About the only cure would be a rear spoiler like we had on station wagons in the 70's before rear wipers became popular, they were designed to direct airflow down the rear of the vehicle, your back end stayed clean. Unfortunately, spoilers like that are very "draggy" and cost you gas mileage as you haul them through the air.

Back to OT...all of mine are staying parked today, have a sore throat and the sniffles, time for lots of vitamins and rest.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:53 PM

...amazed at the amount of dirt our tail end gets on it...
Wow, that's bad!!

Mine does the same, but a good coat of wax at least makes it easier to keep clean.

Don't feel bad, C5 Corvettes are the same. Detail it, drive around the block and the frenched tail lights are FILLED with sand...
Old 02-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Premium Member

Tell Me,...I clay barred it last weekend, I had to start all over, looks good for 56K, my arm are falling off.
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
geg

Is it just me, or are the rest of you amazed at the amount of dirt our tail end gets on it. Mine seems to suck all the dirt and muck from two counties, and plants it on the rear. It is going to rain but I can't take this, I got to wash it anyway.
Sam. It's not dirt - it's dandruff.
Here's the dirt.

Just a short tour to Chelyabinsk and back (260 miles).
The most offensive - if i wash it, after 10 crossroads I have the same 13 pounds of mud and ice on the emaciated blue body. I look forward to summer.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Deceased

Oh my! I couldn't approach that level of dirty even if I drove through a farmer's field, spring can't come soon enough for you Andrey.

By the way, what happened to your grill?

О Боже мой! Я не мог не подхода, уровень "грязных" Даже если я ездил через фермера на местах, весна can прибыть достаточно скоро вы Андрей.

Кстати, что случилось с вашей гриль?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 AM
Premium Member

That's not dirt, That's encapsulation, do not crack shell till spring !!

Это не грязь, Это инкапсуляции, не трескаются корпуса до весны!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:49 AM
geg

: LOL:
Originally Posted by 843de
Oh my! I couldn't approach that level of dirty even if I drove through a farmer's field, spring can't come soon enough for you Andrey.

By the way, what happened to your grill?
It is believed that in Russia, two big problems - corrupt officials (sometimes for good manners say "stupid") and the roads. Real horror comes when The First start a build of The Second. The result of the photo.

Mike, I not wait for spring. In spring everything will be even worse, because the ice is melted and the dirty water will flood the roads to the level of the bumper. I look forward to summer - on summer only dust.

My grill is slightly cracked, but in general there is no problem. I dismantled it, to the gap between the bumper and the grill is not made ​​me feel depressed. After a memorable incident with an elderly alcoholic, I have not had time to repair. My hippo has a "jaw shifted to the right" - is very evident if the grill in its place. No grill - no problem, but there are cool "shark mouth", richly encrusted with the piece of "office waste basket".
Well, I had an exclusive car, now it is even more exclusive.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:06 AM
Deceased

Sorry Andrey, I'd forgotten last year's incident with the alcoholic that left your hippo with a crooked smile. For some reason I thought it had been fixed already.

Извините Андрей, мне очень приятно забыты в прошлом году инцидента с алкогольные, покинули ваш Бегемот с черты улыбка. По некоторым причинам я подумал, что она была установлена уже.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:09 AM
geg

That's not dirt, That's encapsulation, do not crack shell till spring !!

Это не грязь, Это инкапсуляции, не трескаются корпуса до весны!
You have no idea how you are close to the truth. In 2007, after the next spring travel a long distance, I could not open the door. I thought - my lock jammed. I pushed the door from the inside with my shoulder, and when I opened it - on the road down a lump of ice the size of a coffee table (and the same weight). The jets of road's water is poured out on the sides of my car and turned to ice in the cold wind. Ice armor like a dinosaur.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 AM
geg

Originally Posted by 843de
Sorry Andrey, I'd forgotten last year's incident with the alcoholic that left your hippo with a crooked smile. For some reason I thought it had been fixed already.
No problems, works of life. My accident - sheer nonsense, compared with the misfortunes that happen sometimes with our friends.
I do not regret about the delay, because this year I had 2 more minor incident. If my bumper was repaired, I would have cried like beluga remembering the lost money.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?