General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2019, 09:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lonwane
I wish I knew. The jar was so loud all I could think of was to pull over and see if there was any damage. I even forgot to look in the mirror to for anything. Believe me it scared the ____ out of me. The only damage spotted was the beam. Later, when I got home I put the car up and jackstands and gave the underbody a complete looksie. I saw no other contact marks, anywhere.
When I do the axle swap I will give Toughie another lookover for any sign of damage.
Oh well, at least I know how to do the axle swap and have the tools to do it.
Maybe now I can find that annoying rattle that's coming from ??????
Lonwane- Bummer, sounds like it really hit something HARD, I would go back where that happened & see if a street condition could have been the cause.

Originally Posted by HHRman07
The previous owner installed them, I never liked them but the wife did... I took them off now she agrees it looks better without them.
HHRman07- I have the "in-Channel" type on my Panel. But I like them. Yours looks good either way. But a little lowering in the rear would a plus for handling..
Old 07-21-2019, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lonwane
I think the trucklet looks better without them.
By the way, that thing is beautiful.
Thank you
Old 07-21-2019, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Lonwane- Bummer, sounds like it really hit something HARD, I would go back where that happened & see if a street condition could have been the cause.

HHRman07- I have the "in-Channel" type on my Panel. But I like them. Yours looks good either way. But a little lowering in the rear would a plus for handling..
I agree about the lowering of the rear but The funds are not available..
Old 07-21-2019, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Understood, mods take time. I added Cobalt SS/TC rear springs on mine.. It leveled it, which was my goal, Then later I added the TTR rear sway bar.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper
Understood, mods take time. I added Cobalt SS/TC rear springs on mine.. It leveled it, which was my goal, Then later I added the TTR rear sway bar.
Being retired on SS makes it more challenging.
i need a go fund me fo my mods LOL
Old 07-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by HHRman07
Being retired on SS makes it more challenging.
i need a go fund me fo my mods LOL
I guess so. We do the best we can with what we got. Yea a go fund you for your mods, I like that idea..
Old 07-23-2019, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

Swapped out my rear axle and springs this morning. Donor parts came from a Cobalt SS. Took a whole 2.5 hours.
Am now bleeding the brakes so I can take it to a brake shop for a proper bleeding and an alignment shop.
These trucklet are fun to work on.
Thanks again for all the info I have received here.
Update
WOW! What a ride difference the Cobalt springs made AND the rattle disappeared.
The alignment is now within specs and I can drive without destroying my tires.

Last edited by Lonwane; 07-23-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 02:24 PM

well my wife said she had the display on the dash stated to check my charging system. took it to advance they said battery was low and my alternator was not being read by the computer. so since my battery was almost 8 years old i replaced it, just hoping. took it out and i stopped by autozone. their computer said all was fine. then on my way home, i got the the same display and systems started being shut down. made it home fine. opened the hood smelled as if the brushes from the alternator were burning. it is an original unit with about 92k on it. so i ordered it and for good measure i ordered a new belt.

received it from rock yesterday and i replaced both. saw the video on here that was posted. LOVE THIS SITE! all seems ok for now. im going to drive it around when i get home.

oh and i forgot to mention that i did check the connections and they were all clean. just shocked me on how tiny the positive connection to the fuse box is!!
Old 07-24-2019, 04:07 PM

Went down to a music store in Columbus today to look at an amp... but bought a guitar instead. (My mind works like that at times)

So seeing as I hadn't bought anything "large" at the music store I stopped at Home Despot on the way home and bought the biggest dehumidifier they had... Just because.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:42 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Went down to a music store in Columbus today to look at an amp... but bought a guitar instead. (My mind works like that at times)

So seeing as I hadn't bought anything "large" at the music store I stopped at Home Despot on the way home and bought the biggest dehumidifier they had... Just because.
Cool, you're loaded anyhow, may as well spend a few Benjamins....

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?