General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 03:09 PM

Anyone here?

In Michigan they are not required to wear masks unless inside a public building, but the these guys haven't quite got the 6 foot distancing down yet.

Old 05-02-2020, 04:04 PM

This happens by Lake Ronkonkoma NY where I live also.
Don't see nobody dropping dead over it.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:47 PM
Administrator

But if they did it would be very sad, Hudson’s test came back negative this morning. So, that’s great news.
Our neighbors across the street have 18 people in their garage for a little party, cops just rolled up, tickets anyone?
Old 05-02-2020, 08:31 PM
Platinum Member

Here the auto parts stores won't hook up their code reader to anyone's vehicle at this time. Due to Covid -19
Old 05-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Today was plumbing day a drain clogged in our friends basement, man I do not like piece metaled, 110 year old plumbing not replaced but simply added to, and that new idea that water flows up hill 3 inches in 7 ft! And what in tarnation is a P trap, never had one there the century before the last . The main problem was no plumbing stores are open, good thing I know a few plumbers, they donated the parts I needed, for future car work , a good trade.

I was a little restless and bored when I got home, I decided to tackle two underhood jobs as it’s finally in the 60’s and sunny!
When I changed my timing chain , I didn’t have a new tensioner, I recalled that Skyline26 had one for sale , so I contacted him and he was kind enough to deliver it to my door a week or two ago, so I replaced the original I had to reinstall with the new chain, and since I had the air cleaner box off to access the tensioner, I squirted some throttle body cleaner on the top side of the butterfly, then removed the 4 bolts holding it to the intake manifold, gently flipped it over and gave that side a good spray. A second shot cleaned up both sides and a little rub with a q-tip got to residual gunk out .
I re installed the TB , and the air cleaner box, ensured the MAF sensor was plugged in and lowered the hood, it started up with no studdering stumbling or high idle , it was very dirty, so we’ll see after a drive this evening.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Truckingeek
@DwRed2lt As I was telling OldBlue though pm as we discussed the fact that I and Mrs Geek have been working thought the whole thing since both of us are considered "Essential". I once had a Sargent tell me "You'll either get though this or you won't... no sense worrying about it". It was as true then as it is now. I for one am thankful to go to work if only for the sense of "Doing Something".

B safe everyone
True Truckingeek,....!
Old 05-03-2020, 07:54 PM
Premium Member

You've seen the wood and this is what I ended up with.
I was not board.

Just needs touch-up paint
Old 05-03-2020, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today was plumbing day a drain clogged in our friends basement, man I do not like piece metaled, 110 year old plumbing not replaced but simply added to, and that new idea that water flows up hill 3 inches in 7 ft! And what in tarnation is a P trap, never had one there the century before the last .
Blue- P-Trap If it ever runs dry, you will know it.

What is the purpose of a P-trap? - Ace Plumbing Heating ...

Originally Posted by Lonwane
You've seen the wood and this is what I ended up with.
I was not board.

Just needs touch-up paint
Lonwane- That looks great, nice job. Nice to see the end result. .
Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Lonwane it’s to close to the fence, can’t take the young’un’s out behind the wood shed for a switching , learn them their manners!
nice job other then that!

we took a drive for about 3 hours, that throttle body cleaning did wonders, and that 40 mph stutter is gone , idle is steady and up shifts are crisp. We stopped for a drive thru coffee, parked for a bit to drink it , a police officer tapped on my window asking me to roll it down, I thought what does he want? He asked if I was thinking of selling my HHR, he’s looking for one and thought maybe, I gave him the website, so he might stop by here, I told him everything is for sale, depending on what you are offering, he took my email and cell number , he wants me to help him when he can get out to seriously look at HHR’s after the pandemic is over. I’m keeping the BlackSwan.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:51 PM
Premium Member

Oldblue - I thought about that so the shed in L shaped. I have the room for a visit, if needed.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?