General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 10:55 AM
Administrator

22F now a slow large flake snow fall for last hour, very fluffy and light, so I just shoveled the driveway. We are headed to belated Christmas dinner later this afternoon, we’ll see how the roads are then.
Old 12-26-2022, 03:23 PM

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas.
We had a bad storm high winds and rain, and trees down all over + Flooding and lot of power outages ! :O
But things are getting better fast !

On the HHR front #1 son is using it till he fix's his wiper transmission !
Parts came in and installing on his lunch break! So will have the old girl back soon,
That is really a simple repair !
Come spring I will remove my Drivers side master switch and clean it. You have to flip it a few times to get it to close the window !
I see Dorman makes a switch about 90$ and some E Bay specials for about 25$ :O Anyone use the cheapos ? Good bad or they suck the big one lol and stick with Dorman

Thanks

Last edited by Radco; 12-28-2022 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Rich clean the OEM in your HHR!

This afternoon, we stopped by the cemetery to light candles , I went to leave and got high centre stuck in a 3 foot snow drift. Thankfully my neighbour and his trusty new Silverado came to pull the BlackSwan out, a man and his two sons stopped and assisted with digging the snow from under the HHR and pushing by hand.
We wrapped a tow strap around the engine cradle and Andy gently backed his truck up and the HHR slide out , He stopped and removed the strap, I stayed in his tire tracks and drove out behind him. Whew that was close, our car club like your AAA said they couldn’t come out until Nex Monday to tow us.
After the mess we drove to the nieces and had our Christmas dinner, the kids opened presents and we just got back home.
An eventful Boxing Day, I feel like I just went 15 rounds with Rocky Balboa , ouch!
Old 12-26-2022, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Rich clean the OEM in your HHR!
!
Steve that is the game plan , Did my son's last year ! But in case that does not fix it looking for a good brand !
I do not mind spending more for a item that last
Have a GREAT NEW YEAR
Old 12-27-2022, 12:43 AM
geg

guys!
albeit belatedly, but I Congratulations you a Merry Christmas and good luck!
in our area, Christmas has not yet come, only on January 7th
Old 12-27-2022, 09:01 AM

Nervous day today. the wife took my HHr to work... Kid's Jeep is in for heater repair, so he took her Trailblazer to work. now I just got a call the jeep is fixed so waiting for the kid to get home to go get it. took 4 days to get a climate control module and 10 mins to install. Sunds like he took over the Christmas curse. my cars always broke around Christmas time every year.

Glad you got out of the snowbank!!
Old 12-27-2022, 11:41 AM
Administrator

Me too! I’ve inspected all of the undercarriage, suspension and brakes, no damage to anything like brake lines, wiring harness, oil or transmission pans, most of the damage was my pride, I’ve never been stuck like that in 52 years of driving!

I took a road test , stopped and picked up wild birdseed, the kid at the feed store pointed out that I had no side marker lights, I pulled the rear apart they work but only for a couple minutes after wiggling them, I replaced the LED bulbs with incandescent bulbs and those work just fine! I’m going to do the front lights later
Old 12-27-2022, 01:47 PM
Premium Member

Rich,
Go to Rockauto and purchase the OEM switch.
I once bought a Dorman and although it worked fine, it would not clip into the alloted space.
Old 12-27-2022, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

My HHR still sleeps quietly, as we have relatives over. They will probably leave when food runs out..
Old 12-28-2022, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Today it’s 38 degrees F , snow starting to melt, we are on child care detail, while our niece and nephew retur to work. The BlackSwan, has developed a new rattle on startup, possibilities are front bumper attaching points or exhaust heat shielding loosened up in that snow drift!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?