General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2024, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Were in the valve train, cam followers? Sometimes they can break.
pop off the valve cover and check.

Today we drove out to a birthday party, nice smooth drive great traction in this slushy snow.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:04 PM

Piston ring replacement actuator analysis in Below zero
Old 01-18-2024, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Today a check up for Sweetie with her oncologist, so we’re headed out to clear the snow off the BlackSwan and the driveway, then to St. Catharines for her appointment
Old 01-18-2024, 11:00 AM

unplanned run up to get parts for the 3D printer. It had a meltdown and the print head became a melted piece of PETG.

Today might be a trip up to the Cities, Wonder how much grief I will get for going to a Land Rover Club meeting driving an HHR...
Old 01-19-2024, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member

Frozen roads, & the Brine (road salt liquefied) is not as effective in extreme colds here.. So nothing to report today..

Old 01-19-2024, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by PulpFriction
Hearing a little valve tick when the 2011 2.2 is cold. Distictly louder under even light load. Lasts about 5 minutes. Trying to decide what to try before removing the valve cover to have a look, which probably won't happen until spring.

Did notice the goofball oil change guys overfilled it at least a quart. I use Dexos 5-30 full synthetic, probably Castrol Edge last time. Due for a change now. May ask them to dump a quart or two so I can try some Seafoam before the change.
Phasers, or even clogs in radiator, has heat been different in the cabin prior? Probably a damn barring on da rod.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:38 PM

This week

Copper/gold stripe last weeks paint quick spray until ready to throw down $$$ on the real.

Newish
Old 01-20-2024, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Nice look! Those should dig thru the snow pretty good!

Today , the plow cleared off the road onto our driveways, so everyone was out helping dig out the 2 to 3 foot high snow. We’re going to stay indoors and keep warm
Old 01-20-2024, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Today a check up for Sweetie with her oncologist, so we’re headed out to clear the snow off the BlackSwan and the driveway, then to St. Catharines for her appointment
Blue- Hope all will be good from that appt.

Today , the plow cleared off the road onto our driveways, so everyone was out helping dig out the 2 to 3 foot high snow. We’re going to stay indoors and keep warm
Plow drivers have no where else to angle the plow to. When I was a kid, I did some plowing in supermarket parking lot at night.. Don't miss those days.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:17 PM

Yeah they doing good so far I hear you on that here in Illinois it’s on that.
Can’t drive it until Wednesday I don’t know what it was though in mode could not drive over 40MPH so started breaking it down part by part thanks for advice on the rock auto.com BTW the ones from Amazon did NOT work and GM is not very easy to work with the dealership and all so if anyone here needs 2.2 piston rings for free LMK. Timing chain assembly complete kit here Thursday, tomorrow the actuator set which is what I believe it was to start this issue yet acted up when the cold really hit so difficult for noob mechanic to single out as all systems in question anyway they were loaded with oil so thought could been gasket, so ordered that which is here Monday, the gasket was not blown though kinda foiled, failed thermostat also, went through the radiator pipes checked the heater core was not clogged, piston rings from rockauto will be here so bored the engine some first attempt came out well to my knowledge. Hell yeah keep it real 🤘🏻

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?