General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Rest In Peace

Ordered a Pair of the Velvac HHR Spotter Mirrors from FinditParts Heavy Duty Truck Parts a couple days ago.

FedEx truck just got here with them, unfortunately Velcac screwed up and send me two damn Left Mirrors instead of a PAIR a Left and a Right side.

And of course FinditParts is not open on weekends so I can't get them to FIX the order until friggin Monday. And then Wait for shipping all over again, and most likely I'll have to go run around to ship the friggin mirror back to them.

Dang I Hate F*cked up online orders!

The White boxes have GM Goodwrench Labels on them with a Velvac sticker label over the GM one.
Velvac is in New Berlin Wisconsin and thats were they shipped from so FinditParts must just place the order and have them drop shipped.

Maybe GM is returning all HHR accessory parts. Or Velvac made a bunch they can't ship to GM since the Death of the HHR. I hope they still have Right Hand ones available.

Oh well, could be worse.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Deceased

(Workin' at the) car wash.
Workin' at the car wash yeah !
Come on and sing it with me car wash.
Get with the feelin' y'all car wash yeah.

With apologies to Rose Royce and fans of the movie, we had our own mini car wash going today. All three HHR's got baths in the Carolina sunshine, since my leg is still on the disabled list, my lovey wife did the majority of the work while I handled the detailing.

Nothing better than a clean HHR, unless its three clean HHR's lined up like new pennies.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:42 PM

A&P, when I got my spotter morrors from G.M. last fall they were in velvac boxes with GM stickers over them!Did you get a better price than GM? ...John
Old 01-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Rest In Peace

Originally Posted by 2manyvans
A&P, when I got my spotter morrors from G.M. last fall they were in velvac boxes with GM stickers over them!Did you get a better price than GM? ...John
$25.38 for the Pair, plus shipping. Same here except the Velac boxes had a plain white sticker over the red velac logo, on the otherside had a GM sticker then a Velac over it.

I hope they don't make me send one Left side one back before sending a Right side one.
I Hate that, wastes more time for me Waiting when places do that.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:40 PM
Platinum Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 843de
(Workin' at the) car wash.
Workin' at the car wash yeah !
Come on and sing it with me car wash.
Get with the feelin' y'all car wash yeah.

Nothing better than a clean HHR
Yep agreed, I gave mine good bath today as well. Maybe tomorrow I'll wash the wifeys' Mopar..

After that, I took a spin in mine which somehow I ended up at the Auto Parts store. (go figure)...

So since I was there, I grabbed a few things, + a new Cabin Air Filter, (it was just turning 1 year old since last new one)... Really like those Charcoal impregnated ones.. So looking clean, & nice & fresh inside as well..

Snoopy got me interested in those CCAF's .. Was a Good day..
Old 01-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Sleeper, it has been a year, I'll add that to the list, I remember it made a great deal of difference when I did it. Where did you fine one with fancy impregnation ? Sounds fresh.

Mike, I'm happy for you, the herd is clean, are you giving the lovely lady the back massage She deserves,It is your knee right, your hands working good ?

Mine got parked right in front of the new Harold Lemay Musem for 8 hrs while I worked in the dome, would have taken a pic but it was dark when I came out. Oh and it was sunny again, weird for here.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Deceased

Thanks Sleeper, just checked the records and Paddy is due for a cabin air filter too, gives me an excuse to hit the auto parts store tomorrow.

Hands are working fine Sam, they functioned properly when I made the lovely lady a steak dinner on the grill tonight, but I got the back rub....for making dinner.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:21 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Sam-
wally-world has em, but I got mine from Advance Auto, the Purolator "Breathe Easy"....$14.99

Some have so much charcoal in them, the filtering media is black when new, & cost about $25.

Last edited by sleeper; 01-29-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 12:26 AM
Premium Member

Thanks Sleeper I'll ask for the blackie, 843, you dog,
Old 01-29-2012, 12:27 AM
Deceased

I'll go to Advance, Wally-World is full of scary people, very scary people.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?