General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Uma

Originally Posted by molecule
Took hillbilly to the Dealer to get the drivers door stop replaced and the infamous directional signal module replaced ( Got tired of driving around with the directionals not cancelling),all under warrenty
After i got home replaced the rear window wiper .
Hey Brother what dealer do you use? I am not happy with many here in the So Cal. The weather was so beautiful today I repeated yesterday's routine...wiped her down, had a few cold ones and enjoyed watching the sunset. Todd (Uma)
Old 01-26-2012, 09:24 PM
Premium Member

I've had a busy week. Upgrading my radio adding better speakers, amp and sub. Tacked on a hitch and lastly ordered smoothies, baby moons and trim rings. We be done (for awhile) now.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Premium Member

I've heard that before, give it a week.
I got a new tune in my in box, think I'll stick it in, see how it goes. Washed it today, snow and ice is depressing.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Uma
Hey Brother what dealer do you use? I am not happy with many here in the So Cal. The weather was so beautiful today I repeated yesterday's routine...wiped her down, had a few cold ones and enjoyed watching the sunset. Todd (Uma)
Todd , had the same problem with Martin here in town went to Guaranty in Santa Ana
Old 01-26-2012, 11:41 PM

still waiting for package and planning on how I am going to spend my tax return.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Premium Member

Maybe I should post this in the favorite mod thread, but I just got back from trying out the new tune,(thanks Vince) I can't seem to get that "SS" grin off my face. It's a whole different monster, boosting over 25. My favorite mod is that little red cable !!!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Rest In Peace

I fixed one of my remotes today, the metal battery holder piece was soldered in at an angle and must have lost connection on one side or the other.

If I pushed down slightly on the battery holder piece with the back of the remote off, it worked.
Saw the how to thread on soldering them, and finally got my soldering iron out and did the quick fix.
Was my spare one that I let the ol lady have in case she ever needed to move it in the driveway so I wasn't in a rush to fix it over the Summer months.

She Rarely drives my Panel, and I like it that way. I aways feel like this until it's back home in the Driveway. Unharmed.
I will Avoid potholes, spend 10 minutes or more if needed to find the SAFE parking spot and walk the extra distance whatever it takes to Avoid a door ding, not sure she does all the time or not, like I do.
She knows I'd be a little upset to find a Ding on my car.

I'm so bad, I will go look the car over for any Dings after she drives it.
Knock on wood there are none. I HATE to have even 1 Ding on my cars.

On a Black car the Tiniest one will stick out like a sore thumb.

I only had to hold the pinpoint solder tip next to each side and push down as the solder melted, hold it down and let it cool. Fully functional again.

A few days ago I replaced all 3 wiper blades. I like to change them Twice a year, I'll replace these in the Spring, can't stand streaky bad wipers on my cars. Winter is rough on a set.

Took out the Weatherguard rubber mats and washed them in the bathtub, let them dry and put them back in place today .

Gotta keep things nice and Clean, winter is No excuse for a Dirty car!

Morticia also got a car wash yesterday. I may hand wash her tomorrow, supposed to be 39 degrees.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:54 AM
geg

funny /
Yesterday I went for an interview with a potential employer (i look job). I was wearing a business suit, all show-off - on me. Well, you know how it is.
The interview was in the evening. I got home pretty late. I should had to remove a suit and tie, dressing jeans, then go to the parking lot to park my Hippo.
Imagine my surprise. This morning, I leave the home and immediately saw my baby! I was stunned! A few seconds of standing with his mouth open like an idiot! In the evening I left my Hippo in the yard, he stood up all night beside the garbage as an orphan! I just forgot to send it to the parking!
I live in an apartment house, and my urban area is very criminogenic. Not recommended to leave unattended vehicles.
In principle, the risk is minimal. Serious gangsters will not touch my car, Because I live here from childhood, I know many people. In addition, there is a "gentlemen's agreements" with the bandits, so they do not touch the cars in the yard of our apartment building - one of my neighbors the great friend of the local leader. But there is always the risk of Juvenile gang, or drug addicts, or "tourists".
Forgetfulness sober man - a bad sign. I guess I'm starting to get old.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

I hope you are selected on new position you pursue.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Deceased

Good luck with your employment hunt Andrey, the economy is tough no matter where you are. I am happy to hear that your "Hippo" was unsuccessful in its attempt to escape, why it would wander away from a wonderful owner like you is beyond me.

Удачи в ваших занятости охота Андрей, экономики является введение жестких Все равно где Вы находитесь. Я рад услышать, что ваш "Бегемот" не увенчались успехом в его попытки побега, почему она будет бродить вдали от a чудесные владельца как вы находится за пределами мне.

You're not getting old my friend, at least not until you stand up in a crowded restaurant and shout "who are you people, and where are my pants?".

Вы не стареет моему другу, по крайней мере до тех пор пока не Вам позицию в переполненном ресторане и кричать ", которые Вы народом и когда все мои штаны?"

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your HHR Today?