GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 08:43 PM

Just drove my 2013 Equinox home this afternoon. Free as free can be and chevy will have my car til the repairs are done. Get your replacement just to have something different for a couple weeks!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Bigpatshhr
Just drove my 2013 Equinox home this afternoon. Free as free can be and chevy will have my car til the repairs are done. Get your replacement just to have something different for a couple weeks!!!
My ignition stuck on, when I returned from lunch last Friday, and luckily I was just across the street from the local dealership...so in it went, I returned to work in a free 2014 Silverado loaner, and later drove home with no worries. 24 hrs after the ignition stuck on, I returned to pick up my Panel, with fresh oil & tires rotated, and a free ignition switch. Wonderful service advisor, great service!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by working on it
My ignition stuck on, when I returned from lunch last Friday, and luckily I was just across the street from the local dealership...so in it went, I returned to work in a free 2014 Silverado loaner, and later drove home with no worries. 24 hrs after the ignition stuck on, I returned to pick up my Panel, with fresh oil & tires rotated, and a free ignition switch. Wonderful service advisor, great service!
That is NOT what this RECALL is about! That was the previous "extended" warranty.

Don't try to be confused.

Many dealers are just being sensitive and replacing parts as goodwill.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bigpatshhr
Hey Charles,

I'm happy to hear that you were set up with a loaner vehicle, and that everything went smoothly! Thank you for reaching out to me so we could get this taken care of for you :). Have a great Monday.

Patsy G
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-25-2014, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
I"ve never had an issue with mine, hopefully still won't after they do this. Got my letter, just waiting on the parts now. Original owner 103K+ miles.
Hey solman98,

If you have any questions about the letter you received, feel free to send us a PM. We're here to try and help address any additional concerns you may have. Please include your VIN in the private message if we can be of assistance.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-26-2014, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Is everybody going to announce the receipt of their letter? I got a bill for water yesterday.
A little snarky for a moderator comment don't you think? Many people are interested in when their letter may come. By coincidence, though, I must report that I got my water bill yesterday too. Really!
Anyhow, are you taking them up on the loaner, or are you confident enough to wait?
Old 03-26-2014, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by obie
A little snarky for a moderator comment don't you think?
I don't think so...he just doesn't sugar coat things and I, for one, like that. Perhaps a bit sarcastic but snarky?? Maybe you should just watch for a while and see how things are here rather than expressing such a thin-skinned sentiment as your first post.
Old 03-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Platinum Member

Welcome obie.

Snarky? No, that's just donbrew being.....well, donbrew.... In fact. Stay around for a while and you'll see a bunch of different personalities.

donbrew is a great contributor to this site. Both in his knowledge and info he can provide.

If he were to turn all "nice and happy" well he just wouldn't be the donbrew we look forward to. I've kinda grown fond of the attitude he has. Gives this site a little grit.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Deceased

Don is our "Loveable Curmudgeon", his knowledge and generosity are balanced with a razor sharp wit.

He'll bend over backwards to help out, just like all of our Moderators, so don't take the occasional flash of frustration personally obie.

P.S. to the forum!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:47 PM

I got a gas bill today.

Quick Reply: GM Ignition Recall Extended to All HHR's 2006-2011 UPDATED!!!