GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

NOW there's a power steering recall on GM vehicles?! No, it's a warranty extension!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 PM

Okay, done!
Bye
Old 08-19-2014, 07:58 PM

I am having problems with mine and can't get Chevrolet to help because its an SS. Funny thing part has been ordered or i should say backordered for 4 months with not date for it to come in. I am loyal to Chevy but freakin recall my part already
Old 09-10-2014, 07:37 AM

No PS part available?

I see lots of people on this site getting their power steering recall done but for months now(since June) my dealer swears that GM tells him that there are no parts available.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 08LaRam
I see lots of people on this site getting their power steering recall done but for months now(since June) my dealer swears that GM tells him that there are no parts available.
Then escalate it directly to GM, using the contact phone numbers in your owners manual. Have your VIN handy to read to them if you do contact them.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:29 PM

Did anyone not involved in this recall have any trouble getting their power steering motor part under the lifetime warranty? My PS went out and when searching online for the part and how-to's I found the GM article about the recall and where it said 2006-2008 models will be given a lifetime warranty. I went to my dealer with the article and highlighted the section where it states the warranty. He looked up my VIN and said, "You're not in this recall." I said, "Yea, that's what I just told you, but read the highlighted part saying I have a lifetime warranty...". He proceeds to tell me to go talk to parts because I'll have to buy a motor.

The parts guy said it definitely says I'm covered for a replacement but I should call GM to verify, which I did and they confirmed and I have a case number. They said they would assign it to a senior adviser and would be contacting the dealer and myself. Well, I went back to the dealer to try and hurry this thing along because driving without PS is a real pain! The service guy I originally talked to was pretty rude saying he can't do anything until GM gives him the OK. Anyway, going on day 2 and haven't heard anything and getting a tad impatient.

Should I be experiencing this much trouble getting my new part? I fear it's going to be a week or longer until I can get my part that's under the lifetime warranty. I don't have access to another vehicle to drive so I have to keep driving this one without PS.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member

SHOULD you.....NO !! WILL YOU.....YES !!
Old 09-30-2014, 02:26 PM

I would be tempted to get customer service involved. The last thing GM needs now are more PR issues.
Old 09-30-2014, 08:25 PM
Platinum Member

Call GM back and raise a bit of helk - let them straighten the dealer out, and have them tell the dealer to call you back asap to confirm. Escalate, escalate.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:08 AM

I contacted CS on Monday in which they said it would be 24 hours when I would get a call back. Haven't heard from them so I called back today and my case has been assigned to someone but it could be another 24 hours until I get a call back from her! It seems so asinine that I couldn't just take the part in and swap it for the new one. Grrrrrrr!

Thanks for the replies :)
Old 10-01-2014, 10:38 AM

We truly apologize for this inconvenience, MCHHR. Please let us know if further assistance is needed with matter. Feel free to contact us via private message if we can help.

Kristen A.
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quick Reply: NOW there's a power steering recall on GM vehicles?! No, it's a warranty extension!