HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Fake SS

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Uma
It is confirmed that many SS owners think they are on a different level than the rest of us.
I, for one, do not think that us SS owners are on a different level than the Non-SS models, I have owned both and loved them both.

Now about being on a different level than a PT Cruiser? That for sure, we're way above them!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:27 AM

No it constitutes as trying to get the fake ss HHR to race his non fake same engine HHR.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 1970judge
So I am glad I got to that before you got a chance to edit your post. That sure sounds like you were trying to get the guy to run you.

"It's obvious it was just a sticker mod" yeah because completely ignoring an idiot on the street absolutely negates the fact he could have had an actual turbo under his actual hood, and actually could have reamed you.

You make it sounds like your almighty 2.2/2.4 is the **** compared to his LOWLY ss badged 2.2/2.4. What would have made this story just one step better is he would have mashed it raped you on the road, and left YOU in the mirror. But I bet we would be getting the same story anyway. Either way dude, you made your self look like an ass, you still are, and....wipe my hands...done.
Why would I edit my post nearly a week after the fact?

Yes I was trying to see what he had under the hood, but no way was I trying to see if he want to race. I'm a car guy and I can appreciate somebody who does take the time to make their ride unique but I dont appreciate somebody who just puts stickers on and thinks that's what makes it different.

I would have loved for him to smoke me. I think it would be awesome to come across a guy running a custom turbo set up. I'd have tons of respect for somebody that put the work into something like that rather then putting stickers on his car.

In my last car, Id have everybody come up next to me and accelerate or "race" as you call it. I take something like that more as "hey whats up" instead of "hey lets throw down" We'd have our fun, wave and go our separate ways.

If trying to have fun makes me an ass so be it.

Do I think my 2.0 is better then a 2.2/2.4? Well yes I do because 260>176>155. Do I think I'm a better person because I drive an ss? No not all, there's always going to be something better, faster, nicer out there.

Either way its clear we see this differently so we can just agree to disagree.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Uma
Wow.. I just wasted way too much time reading every post on this thread! It is confirmed that many SS owners think they are on a different level than the rest of us. (Uma)
Don't lump all of the SS owners into this kind of group. I really find it funny of some SS owners get bent out of shape if someone puts a SS emblem on a LS or LT.

To me it is a compliment.

I find that there are 3 groups of HHR owners.

One group is the regular HHR owner who loves the HHR no matter what and often ownes a LS or LT. THe people who waive at each other.

The second group that own SS and like the HHR as much as the SS option. Some waive some don't I am a non waiver in this group.

Th third group are more SS fans and could live with out the HHR but not he SS perfromance. If this drivetrain and suspension was in a Equinox and was a SS that is what they would own. No waivers in this crowd.

I have been involved with cars and clubs for years. and in most cases most owners of one model are pretty close to the same. With the HHR it is very diverse group. We have new novice to the guy who is looking for a 10 sec 1/4 mile. This makes for more chance for ego clash but as things go this group has done well. Clash in taste always happen no matter the make or model.

Just because someone gets bent out of shape over something like this does not mean we are on that same line of thought.

If it were not for the stock HHR buyers the first couple years we would have never got the SS. Take the engine and few other bits out and they are all sisters built in the same place by the same people with 85% if the same parts.

The kind of HHR that is the best is the one that suit you and no one else. If you love what you got it is the best one for you SS or not.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:21 PM

Seems as if a statement can't be made and then be done without rehashing it for another 100+ posts so a good stopping point is this:

Originally Posted by decepticonss
Do I think I'm a better person because I drive an ss? No not all, there's always going to be something better, faster, nicer out there.

Either way its clear we see this differently so we can just agree to disagree.