HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just got backed into

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:57 AM

Angry Just got backed into

So my SS just got backed into at work. It's a perfect outline of a trailer hitch and scratches. It pisses me off on a number of levels.

1. A service van backed into a different car that was parked where I normally do so I was smart and parked down at the other end of the lot today. That worked out great.

2. I didn't see exactly who did it but I know where the person worked. There were 4 employees of the same company that were parked there. I called the company and the guy in the office said, "Well I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I will call the guys and see if they know anything about it." Yeah, that sounds promising.

A couple of people have told me to call the police and get a police report. Is that really necessary? My insurance deductible is $1000, so claiming it on my insurance is not happening.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM
RF2

hit in parking lot

The wife and I were sitting in a dinner discussing a design for repainting our HHR.
I noticed a 1ton Doge rolling across the parking lot toward my car. With no driver in it. The driver had gotten out did not set the parking brake and left it in drive. Well it hit my car in the drivers door and pushed the car three feet sideways. Long story short we got the car repainted. As bad as it looked the drivers door still opened and closed and the outside mirror still worked. Tuff little car.
Attached Images    
Old 04-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Wow that is a PIA , but it could have a silver lining! Or two tone.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:48 AM

RF2, at least you know who did it and you got a really nice paint job out of it! I really like those lines.

Unfortunately the only thing that I think I'm going to get out of this is a headache and less money in my wallet because I don't think the guy that did it will 'fess up and the owner doesn't seem to concerned. These guys come into my store every morning so my guess is the one that doesn't show up tomorrow is the one that did it.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:28 AM

No video cams in the parking lot? My Panel LT has the perfect imprint of a trailer ball in the license plate. Cracked the license plate frame and a plastic bracket and lost the billet grill but no further damage.

Boydie

1. A service van backed into a different car that was parked where I normally do so I was smart and parked down at the other end of the lot today. That worked out great.

2. I didn't see exactly who did it but I know where the person worked. There were 4 employees of the same company that were parked there. I called the company and the guy in the office said, "Well I'm not sure what you want me to do about it. I will call the guys and see if they know anything about it." Yeah, that sounds promising.

A couple of people have told me to call the police and get a police report. Is that really necessary? My insurance deductible is $1000, so claiming it on my insurance is not happening.

[/QUOTE]
Old 04-23-2015, 11:28 AM

I'd still file a police report. It's considered a hit and run. If it leads to the person, you wouldn't touch a dime of your deductable...their insurance has to pay to replace.

Had a similar issue when I was in Germany. Guy backed into the driver door on my 318i. You'd had to look down the panel to see the ding, but filed with the Polizei and his insurance paid to have the dent taken out.

Good Luck brother.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:30 AM

People just suck.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:44 AM

Me Too!

On Saturday my black SS was backed into by my neighbor. Estimate was $1138.00. New fascia $495.00. New side marker, $30. Rest is refinish.

Since I worked in paint and refinish since 1971 I am going to repair it myself. There is a dent in the Fascia and a small dent in bottom of rear fender.

I estimate I can repair the damage for less than $50.00. Bump out the fascia, and small dent, shoot with primer and black paint and voila I can make around $1100.00. That $1100 will buy some nice new tires for the Blue Beast with $ left over for coffee.

Boydie

Originally Posted by hhrss10
So my SS just got backed into at work. It's a perfect outline of a trailer hitch and scratches. It pisses me off on a number of levels.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:48 AM

RF2

I certainly like the two-tone paint on your car. I have been thinking along those lines myself. Always loved two toned paint.

Boydie.

Originally Posted by RF2
The wife and I were sitting in a dinner discussing a design for repainting our HHR.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:38 PM
Deceased

Ouch! Man that stinks hhrss10, and you really should contact the police, because it technically is a case of "Hit and Run".

This is a bad year for black HHR's I guess, including my '06 which was "remodeled" in February when my wife took on the trailer hitch of a parked Ford...and lost.