HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just got backed into

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 03:55 PM
RF2

I would file a accident report too,(I did ) because thats what the insurance co will ask for.
What got damaged? Was it the hood?
Sorry that your car got bumped.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:50 PM

If you meant me RF2, yes a police report was filed. Rear fascia and just the bottom tip of the right rear fender. Easy repair.

Boydie

Originally Posted by RF2
I would file a accident report too,(I did ) because thats what the insurance co will ask for.
What got damaged? Was it the hood?
Sorry that your car got bumped.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Deceased

Michelle got home about 45 minutes ago with the black '06, my inquiry if all the fenders were still on it got me a dirty look until I showed her this thread.

These deals run in bunches, so any bets on the next color to come up on "The Wheel of Damaged Bodywork"?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:05 PM
RF2

I was trying to figure out what Hhrss10 got hit.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:47 PM

i have a black ss

Originally Posted by 843de
Michelle got home about 45 minutes ago with the black '06, my inquiry if all the fenders were still on it got me a dirty look until I showed her this thread.

These deals run in bunches, so any bets on the next color to come up on "The Wheel of Damaged Bodywork"?
Since I have a black ss! I think I will keep mine in the garage all day tomorrow!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 PM
RF2

Hhrss10, you could post a sign at work that stated that the wreck was caught on camera and if the guilty party would step forward the police would be kept out, since its considered hit and run.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:15 AM

Shhhh Mike! I have a blue HHR and a Gray HHR.

Boydie

Originally Posted by 843de

Old 04-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Banned

I was backed into by a Speedway (Gas Station) Service van IN THEIR PARKING LOT, while I was in my car. I was in my Uniform at the time and got out to check the damage... Dude was SCARED. Just a scuff, and nothing dented or broken. I advised him that he should probably pay closer attention to traffic flow on ALL sides being that I Was directly behind him, and he was only looking left/right then and not behind too, and he made the movement quickly. I was nice, and let him off without passing his insurance.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:37 AM

Update

So, the rest of the day didn't go that great either. I did call the poilce and apparently in my county the Sherriffs office does not do accident reports for hit and runs in parking lots. The deputy did give me an SR13 form, (self reporting accident report) and told me to fill it out and give it to my insurance company and maybe they could file it under my uninsured motorist insurance.

I did that and called my insurance company and they said that they don't accept that form and need a "real" poilce report.

And finally, the 5 guys from the company (that one of them hit me) that usually shows up every morning at my store are no where to be found, but they are at one of our competitors that happen to be in the same building. Hmmmm...

In other words, I'm screwed. Oh well.

I pass 4 body shops on the way home everyday so I stopped at 2 of them and got quotes and both were both around $550.

RF2 It is my front bumper. There are no cameras unfortunately.

I did wash and wax it last night and I was able to get it looking a little better.

Yes people do suck but we've got to just keep smiling and moving right? Right? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:11 PM

I was in Home Depot when a young man ran one of those heavy carts
loaded with stuff into my '08 panel back in 2012. Damaged driver door and fender. He came into the store and gave his name and address. I contacted him and he paid me for the estimated repairs. I was lucky, he was an honest citizen, rare these days.

The police won't make an accident report in a store parking lot here in Michigan either. (probably because of "No Fault Insurance)

I have been told that since it was a Home Depot shopping cart the store would have paid to fix the car if no one had come forward.

Boydie