HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Just test drove one! I WANT

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 PM

Just test drove one! I WANT

I just got back from a test drive! :) It was a black automatic. My main concerns were driver comfort... well.. I loved it. I was surprised to see the wheel doesn't move in or out but it was still comfy. I like seats that hold you in.. and these feel like they do.

I didn't really get a chance to get on the gas too hard but you can tell its got a boatload of power.. and I was only on the gas not even halfway. Plus it had under 500 miles so the turbo was limited. I was very happy to hear the turbocharger sound is pretty quiet. I was hoping it wouldn't be loud.. I think the loud ones just sound retarded. It has a nice faint whine too it :) The suspension definitely feels sporty.. pretty stiff compared to my cobalt LS. I took a turn pretty quick and it handled like a champ.

I was very impressed and I will be putting my order in towards the end of this month. Don't really want to get one in the middle of the winter.

BTW.. the SS was at C. Harper Chevy, Buick, Pontiac, etc near Pittsburgh, PA.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:14 PM

Sweet and I'm jealous
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 PM

so by placing your order at the end of the month, when would you expect delivery? I don't blame you for not wanting to break it in with snow and ice.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:16 PM

I love the story! I too wish BIG TIME the steering column was telescopic...the pedal cabin would be plenty roomy for me but I have to keep the seat forward a tad just to reach the wheel without having my elbows locked...I keep the tilt all the way down, but with a 3-spoke wheels, you cant 6 o'clock it and rest your arm. So .y legs are bent a bit and my right leg sits against the center console...I can live with it for the joy of driving, and I dont expect a sub-$20k car to have all the ammenities of a $40k luxury car. Just a *wish*, that's all.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:44 AM

just ran a dealer inventory and lo and behold they got a black automatic in at the local Chevy dealer.
I'm off to see the wizard as soon as I can get my bu†† over there.

I discovered that by "showing address bar" on this HHR SS's window sticker, the addy pops up so that you can copy and paste it...
So here's the window sticker of this one. A Black one with automatic is available in Carlsbad, Cali at Weseloh Chevy. I bought a 95 Camaro there, not a bad dealership.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ws/nvlWindo....0&isGMBP=true
Old 01-09-2008, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
just ran a dealer inventory and lo and behold they got a black automatic in at the local Chevy dealer.
I'm off to see the wizard as soon as I can get my bu†† over there.

I discovered that by "showing address bar" on this HHR SS's window sticker, the addy pops up so that you can copy and paste it...
So here's the window sticker of this one. A Black one with automatic is available in Carlsbad, Cali at Weseloh Chevy. I bought a 95 Camaro there, not a bad dealership.

http://www.chevrolet.com/ws/nvlWindo....0&isGMBP=true
Carlsbad! I'll be out there next month :) My Aunt and Uncle live out there, me and my gf are going out to visit and see the NASCAR race up at the speedway in Fontana.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Smoke Wagon
I love the story! I too wish BIG TIME the steering column was telescopic...the pedal cabin would be plenty roomy for me but I have to keep the seat forward a tad just to reach the wheel without having my elbows locked...I keep the tilt all the way down, but with a 3-spoke wheels, you cant 6 o'clock it and rest your arm. So .y legs are bent a bit and my right leg sits against the center console...I can live with it for the joy of driving, and I dont expect a sub-$20k car to have all the ammenities of a $40k luxury car. Just a *wish*, that's all.
Yeah I was very surprised at how comfy it was. Now keep in mind I'm not the tallest guy in the world.. I'm 5'9". But yeah.. I really liked it. The steering wheel feels really nice. Its wrapped in some nice smooth leather.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by MOTRV8D
so by placing your order at the end of the month, when would you expect delivery? I don't blame you for not wanting to break it in with snow and ice.
Yeah I don't want to get a brand new car and go out the next day, hit some ice, and wrap it around a telephone pole. I'd at least like to have it a few months before I do that
Old 01-09-2008, 09:41 AM

We have 1 red and 1 black "in transit" and I can't wait!

I'm so excited about driving these new Chevys!! I came close to buying the LT about a year and a half ago but decided on a 2-year Avalanche lease. My lease is due back later this fall, so I'll have lots of time to put in my order if that's the route I'll go.

Wonder what the fuel economy difference is from the 2.4?? i doubt it'll be much.

Schwingggggggg!

janette
Old 01-09-2008, 01:11 PM

2.4 and 2.0 get same mileage