HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Limited Production

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 01:19 PM

Very true. The only true investment vehicles are the rare type (vintage muscle or sport usually) that in order to retain value and/or gain value they must be treated more or less as a museum piece. Kept shut in a garage and taken out only on the occasional fair weather day for a car show or a drive around to keep everything lubed and working smooth.

Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Just some thoughts, I learned a long time ago, to enjoy what you have and enjoy it now. Sure it is great to keep in the garage, nice and clean and only use on sunny days. Then when you go to sell it, it only benefits the next person who buys it. Remember no matter what you think your vehicle is worth, it is only worth what the market is willing to pay at that time, regardless of what you may think, and you may not be happy with that.
Mine is a DD, I will end up putting around 25,000 miles a year, (100 mile back & forth to work). I will keep it clean, and just enjoy every minute I get behind the wheel, it's no fun to keep as an investment, then who is the person who really gets to enjoy the SS?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 PM

My SS is a DD getting over 20k miles/yr.

My '69 Camaro is a Pro-Touring track whore.

I will enjoy my cars in the now, not later.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:24 PM

I gotta agree with all of you on that subject...it always amazed me that people would spend a bundle on a vehicle just to lock it up in a garage somewhere. Wheres the fun it that? Though there are those who made good calls on what they parked and are now priceless..though I don't personally believe the HHRSS to be one of these. But then there were a few makes that nobody ever believed would make it past the first year production! For me..its the here and now , you only live once and this machine is a blast to drive! My only concern is if there will be parts available down the road.!! I tend to drive em till the wheels fall off
But on the other hand..a lot of SS cars tend to be brought back like old classic movies....... who could ever tell what our kids kids will bring back from the past ( re: our present )
Old 04-08-2008, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
I gotta agree with all of you on that subject...it always amazed me that people would spend a bundle on a vehicle just to lock it up in a garage somewhere. Wheres the fun it that? Though there are those who made good calls on what they parked and are now priceless..though I don't personally believe the HHRSS to be one of these. But then there were a few makes that nobody ever believed would make it past the first year production! For me..its the here and now , you only live once and this machine is a blast to drive! My only concern is if there will be parts available down the road.!! I tend to drive em till the wheels fall off
But on the other hand..a lot of SS cars tend to be brought back like old classic movies....... who could ever tell what our kids kids will bring back from the past ( re: our present )
you said it drive them now you only live once and these are the most awesome vehicles on the road in my opinion
Old 04-08-2008, 08:40 PM

Agree with comments above "they will build as many as they can sell". Also regarding investment cars, a good classic is a great investment, but only if you drive it. I do have a very old Rolls Royce I like to look at more than drive, but it is a lousy "investment".
Old 04-09-2008, 01:23 AM

I talked with someone at GM and they said that the specific info on rarity and limited production should be available later in the year after they start building the 09's. So I could know a lot more in a couple months.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
Limited production, yes. Just like the rest of the "special" edition models they have come out with. Worth $$ down the road, maybe if you park it and don't drive it. But don't expect this to be a money maker down the road. Very few cars ever make that.
Agree,,,,,,,
This is starting to sound like the SSR forum I joined back when the SSR first came out......So many old farts bought them and thought they would put just a few miles on them and make them a Garage Queen....and then later on down the road get their money back and have a free ride for a while or hold them a little longer and make some money.........Their finding out now, that is not going to happen.......and unloading them at much reduced prices.....One SSR member, recently traded his low miles SSR (2005) I think, for a HHR/SS a few weeks ago.......Just a little over 24k of the SSR's were made.........Most of the people that had that Idea will be dead a burried before they could ever realize any profit on that deal......HHR/SS will be the same way, maybe even more so, because more than the 24k figure will be built......So buy one, dirve it like you stole it and really enjoy it........That's what the HHR/SS is built for....WW