HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Production Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:40 PM

How much is a 57 Chevy convertible worth? Didn't they cost less than $3k new? So, factor in inflation, you should be able to get well more than you paid new for a car years down the road...
Old 03-25-2010, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Rise from what? You may be able to get a small profit taking into account inflation, but you'll never get rich. I have two 23 year old mint vehicles bought new. Everyone wants them (that I come in contact with at meets), I can get good money for them, but what's good money? 10K? If it were 50K, maybe things would be different, but probably not. You only go around once. I doubt that an SS panel will ever have the reverence of a Shelby GT 500 or Yenko Camaro anyway and if I owned either one, I'd be driving them as well.

Bottom line is unless you discover the fountain of life, enjoy your HHR SS Panel. Don't save it for a couple of bucks for someone else to beat on. It's too nice of a vehicle.

All I said is the SS panel may go up I never said how much!

Only a fool would expect the HHR to get crazy in price right now. I do not expect anyone will retire nor send a kid throught collage on one in the next 50 years. At this point I am only hoping the price will stablilizeMy be go up from some of the resale values we are seeing.

If one day they make sticker price we will be lucky. It all comes down to supply and demand. Right now only a SS panel is low in supply but even then deamand is not much with the public as a whole.

Over all they made a lot of HHRs and they are far from rate. Nor will they be rare in the next 25 years at the least. Right now only an SS has any short term chance at making sticker price but I will be old and gray by then.

The only thing that may help is what we have in terms of performance vehicles in 10-15 years. With the goverment regs the companies have been able to hold off and still make fun cars. But right now we have lot of people in office that would do away with any and all performance cars if and when they can. Something like that would drive up prices and demand for more recent performance cars. But at this point that does not look like it will happen. After 2016 we will still have performance but the cars like the Camaro and Vette will only get smaller.

Right now if any of us see sticker price we all will be lucky.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
I disagree with you, 219 SS panels ever made, they will be worth money. The only question is how much time it will take before they start going up in value..
The only diff between a panel SS and an SS is its minus 4 windows, and 2 seats. If the panel SS' start getting crazy prices, You'll see panel clones that same week, a simple transformation.

And theres a reason there are only 216 SS panels, There was nobody ordering them.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:41 AM

You just have to find the right vehicle. The most recent "collector car" to me was the 94-96 Impala SS they are going for almost what they were new with 100k miles on them. You just have to try and figure out what people will want for years to come.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Over all they made a lot of HHRs and they are far from rate. Nor will they be rare in the next 25 years at the least.
I disagree. The only place you see HHRs really is the midwest. Now, I'm not a traveller, but in most other parts of the country people drive more foreign cars. In Florida, I think I saw 1 or 2 HHRs other than mine. Driving to Florida, I rarely saw any other than in Michigan or a few in Indiana. When I was out in Denver last year, think I saw just 2 or 3 in that large city...

As for being common in 25 years, again I don't agree. How many of the 1st gen Cavaliers do you see? Heck, you don't even see many of the 2nd gen anymore. Chevy Celebrity? Even the last Caprice? Those have only been gone for 15 years and they're gone. Those were very common cars in the day, like for us here the G6 or Grand Am is. Chilton's won't make a book on the HHR because the units sold hasn't reached their threshold. I really doubt HHRs will be common in years to come since they really aren't all that common now.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN
The only diff between a panel SS and an SS is its minus 4 windows, and 2 seats. If the panel SS' start getting crazy prices, You'll see panel clones that same week, a simple transformation.

And theres a reason there are only 216 SS panels, There was nobody ordering them.
So what if someone make clones its not going to a true VIN SS panel, making a HHR SS panel clone will not be an easy task, there is a bit more to making a panel SS then filling in windows, a HHR SS AA5 option would be an easy task.

The reason why no one was ordering the HHR SS panel or really the HHR SS for that matter (most HHR SS were on lots that were bought not ordered), was GM's lack of advertising for them and the economy took a dump. It has nothing to do with people not wanting the HHR SS panel, hell most HHR SS owners don't even know the HHR SS panel exists.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I disagree. The only place you see HHRs really is the midwest. Now, I'm not a traveller, but in most other parts of the country people drive more foreign cars. In Florida, I think I saw 1 or 2 HHRs other than mine. Driving to Florida, I rarely saw any other than in Michigan or a few in Indiana. When I was out in Denver last year, think I saw just 2 or 3 in that large city...

As for being common in 25 years, again I don't agree. How many of the 1st gen Cavaliers do you see? Heck, you don't even see many of the 2nd gen anymore. Chevy Celebrity? Even the last Caprice? Those have only been gone for 15 years and they're gone. Those were very common cars in the day, like for us here the G6 or Grand Am is. Chilton's won't make a book on the HHR because the units sold hasn't reached their threshold. I really doubt HHRs will be common in years to come since they really aren't all that common now.

I do a lot of travel too and I have yet to find any where that it was hard to find an HHR.

While there will less HHRs people often take better care of them vs a cobalt.
Just look at how many here are not daily drivers.

The key to the future is supply and demand. Just look to the Fiero. It was buit in similar numbers and is seeing similar demand the HHR will see.

We all need to understand this is not a Camaro or Vette.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 PM

dream on

i was looking at a TYPHOON before this came out. for a mint one your looking at sticker.

example 2. i have a 1991 camaro with the 1LE racing option, rarer still R7U canadian promo racing package appraised for sticker.

currently have a 2009 hhr ss panel. 5 speed, no roof rack, all other options. guessing less than 20 with same options. BIG DEAL. anyone who says otherwise has not done their homework. as soon as you modify say good by to sticker.
name another car since 1980 that has done anything, grand national, mustang svo, keep guessing

LOOK ME UP IN 20 YEARS AND WE CAN HAVE A GOOD LAUGH.

thx dave
Old 03-25-2010, 03:50 PM

Any car that gets back to sticker is good and not always happens. Demand is a fickled thing.

I can remember Super Birds sitting around and no one wanted them for 20 years and now they are big money. But on the other hand I remember the Indy Vette in 78 that went for well over sticker and today some might be able to get what they paid over sticker finally. THat is if they did not drive it.

Bottom line is buy a you love and car and enjoy it. If it is worth nothing you still got the enjoyment out of it. I see people today dumping Low mileage Fiero's for half of what they paid in 88, Many thought they would get rich and in turn lost out. There are a lot of low mileage Fiero's around today, so many that the prices are still cheap.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM

So explain this.... My truck when new would have cost around 5-6k. It's nothing special. Not top of the line, nothing other than in decent shape. Why is it that I can get the sticker price for it now? Again, as I said before, it's just a regular old Scottsdale, probably over 100k made that year alone.

(EDIT: Ok, let me rephrase this... As is, I could probably get 5k for the truck. With a little bit of work (repaint, and new cab corners) I could get 6k)

Quick Reply: Production Numbers?