HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Production Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm
Does it really matter? enjoy and drive it. nothing in life is ever guaranteed. well... except taxes.
And death. Hard to drive it after that one.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by cannuck
just for fun. i am looking forward to the numbers for 09.
i will go with 21 like mine for 09.
black 09 hhr panel ss , no roof rack, 5 speed, sun and sound package, ss seats, no rpd, brembo limited slip performance package, gm stage kit.and yes the cargo net.
it was cool to be able to custom order a car you rarely see in 2009.

pretty sure few dealers ordered a 5 speed panel ss
09 numbers are already out There's a post on the forums somewhere for 08 & 09 production numbers.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:42 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
And death. Hard to drive it after that one.
Yep. I just didnt want to go there.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:58 AM

hi, do any one know the build numbers for the 2010 hhr-ss? thanks in advance.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:12 AM

what about the cobalt ss sedan how many of those are around
Old 06-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by RedRaven
Huh?? Not to get in the weeds about particular vehicles, but Typhoons and Syclones have taken an absolute dump the past 10 years, and especially in the past two years. Sticker on Typhoons in 93 was around 30k...you can get a nice low mileage truck right NOW for 10-14K. A truck with under 10k miles will go for around 18-25k.

I should've kept the Grand National (retrospect=20/20) because a year after I sold the prices started climbing fast. They are at sticker (17,500) or more for a low mileage stock car. I sold mine for around 11k.
i have a buddy that have a CLEAN typhoon he got for 7k from an old person,which imo a steal!!! i didn't read this whole thread,but had our ss been made for two years,like the ty's and sy's,they might be worth something. i doubt the hhr ss with be worth ANYTHING,except to the orignal owners. using the typhoon as an example: it was the ONLY factory turbo charged awd fast as hell blazer and truck that was sold for two years with little production numbers. okay how many turbo utilty cars are out?? lets see:caliber,ms3,and hhr ss. you could count the pt cruiser,but w/e...there is nothing rare about the hhr ss. i love it,it's unique,but it's other vehicles out there just like it.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by bad03xtreme
You just have to find the right vehicle. The most recent "collector car" to me was the 94-96 Impala SS they are going for almost what they were new with 100k miles on them. You just have to try and figure out what people will want for years to come.
I have to disagree with some of you guys thinking.
For one, I have a one owner, 1996 Impala SS, tricked out, 85,000 miles, adult owned[sic.] in pristine conditon. It's going up for sale in the near future, and I'll be damn lucky to get $8000.00 for it, in todays market. "Collector car" NOT!
To think the HHR-SS will ever be collector car status, is wishful thinking and even comical. Sure they did'nt make very many, but face facts, it's a off brand model, and only cared about by the people that now own one.
You can hold onto your HHR-SS, until hell freezes over, and it will only be worth market value[read: next to nothing].
I've been down this road before, and I am well aware of what the true value of cars are now and will be down the road, pretty much.
I see people on here, that have fallen in love with their SS's and think they are something real special. I like mine also, but I'm sure not in love with it either. It's only a pile of parts, that I have fun with. Not that special.
Granted they are fairly quick, and fun to drive, but they will never be anywhere near collector car status. Those days are gone, pretty much.
Just look at the cars that have gone out of production in the last few years, that some considered "Special". They have'nt held their value, and are not in demand.
The way the HHR's are built, you'd have a hard time, keeping one together for 25 years or less. Too many rough edges, and not that great of build quality.
I have to say..."Dream on", becuase it is only a dream. "Moon"
OOPS!. guess I'd already posted on this thread before. Guess I just did again.
P.S. Yeah, and guess the ole Impala SS keeps going down in price.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign
I have to disagree with some of you guys thinking.
For one, I have a one owner, 1996 Impala SS, tricked out, 85,000 miles, adult owned[sic.] in pristine conditon. It's going up for sale in the near future, and I'll be damn lucky to get $8000.00 for it, in todays market. "Collector car" NOT!
To think the HHR-SS will ever be collector car status, is wishful thinking and even comical. Sure they did'nt make very many, but face facts, it's a off brand model, and only cared about by the people that now own one.
You can hold onto your HHR-SS, until hell freezes over, and it will only be worth market value[read: next to nothing].
I've been down this road before, and I am well aware of what the true value of cars are now and will be down the road, pretty much.
I see people on here, that have fallen in love with their SS's and think they are something real special. I like mine also, but I'm sure not in love with it either. It's only a pile of parts, that I have fun with. Not that special.
Granted they are fairly quick, and fun to drive, but they will never be anywhere near collector car status. Those days are gone, pretty much.
Just look at the cars that have gone out of production in the last few years, that some considered "Special". They have'nt held their value, and are not in demand.
The way the HHR's are built, you'd have a hard time, keeping one together for 25 years or less. Too many rough edges, and not that great of build quality.
I have to say..."Dream on", becuase it is only a dream. "Moon"
OOPS!. guess I'd already posted on this thread before. Guess I just did again.
P.S. Yeah, and guess the ole Impala SS keeps going down in price.
It is just supply and demand. There are jsut too damn manny SS vs Demand right now. At this point it is too soon to predict the future.

Cars like the Superbird had to be given away because no one wanted them new now they are high demand.

Some other cars are in high demand now but in the future may never see any value due to lack of later demand.

That is what is hard to predict with car values.

The bottom line is buy something you like take care of it but enjoy it. If it worth something fine but it is not than you still have a car that you love and enjoy.

If you want an investment there are much better ways than old cars. Old cars are like a lottery and just poor gambling vs if you play black jack where you can control the odds. Too many people get sucked in on false hope of the lottery and many collector cars.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I disagree. The only place you see HHRs really is the midwest. Now, I'm not a traveller, but in most other parts of the country people drive more foreign cars. In Florida, I think I saw 1 or 2 HHRs other than mine. Driving to Florida, I rarely saw any other than in Michigan or a few in Indiana. When I was out in Denver last year, think I saw just 2 or 3 in that large city...
Don't know about the midwest, but there are a bunch of HHR's in HI, either the locals love them or the rental agencies bought a ton (probably both). Lots of Cobalts in the rental fleets as well.

Billy-Bob
Old 06-13-2010, 07:49 PM

how about the production number for the 2010 hhr-ss?

Quick Reply: Production Numbers?