HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

SS Exhaust & Intake Kit is out

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by GTO to HHR
Dude its not even a cat back its "AXEL-BACK"
That's even worse. If you go to catback on their menu they have one of those, too. I saw the axleback for like $379.
OUCH!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by white heat
That's even worse. If you go to catback on their menu they have one of those, too. I saw the axleback for like $379.
OUCH!
Exactly, I really hope no one buys this product and just waits for something better I know its a pain to wait for products (trust me I had to wait for months for something decent to come out for the LS2 on the GTO).

No offense against CGS but I have never heard of them before and that is probably why they are trying to be the first one to release this first to get their name out there. I would prefer to go with a more well known company that will actually show me dyno graphs, take this as you will its just my personal opinion.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by GTO to HHR
Exactly, I really hope no one buys this product and just waits for something better I know its a pain to wait for products (trust me I had to wait for months for something decent to come out for the LS2 on the GTO).

No offense against CGS but I have never heard of them before and that is probably why they are trying to be the first one to release this first to get their name out there. I would prefer to go with a more well known company that will actually show me dyno graphs, take this as you will its just my personal opinion.
I know what you mean. I'm on my second turbo car so I've been the modified turbo route before. I never believe manufacturer's hp/tq claims until I see them on a real world dyno. I pretty much know what's needed to increase turbo performance so I buy out of necessity and not manufacturer's claims.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:56 PM

Products like this annoy me cause people are going to buy it and more than likely hurt the performance of the vehicle and probably the car with all heat that will be going into the engine.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:19 PM

And the ROASTING continues LOL
Old 06-06-2008, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by sanddragger28
And the ROASTING continues LOL
I dont mean too but I have been burned before by this kind of crap and I dont want someone to get burned like I did going on unfounded claims. But I wont say this is a great product till I see dyno results before and after cause the one for the regular HHR looks like it would get heatsoaked too.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:46 PM

I would like to see more of a CAI and at least a catback. Axelback... what's the point?

No offense at all to the company, but no one seems to have a pic on the intake installed, no one seems to have a sound clip of the exhaust. HP increase claims, but no dyno to prove it. They needed to get more things ready before they released it.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
I would like to see more of a CAI and at least a catback. Axelback... what's the point?
LMAO I know but not this company at least for a while if ever, they just wanted to throw a product out on the market fast to get all the press. Excellent marketing gimmick though so good for them.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:18 PM

Cgs

I put a CGS intake on my 2.4 HHR 5sp. and though I didnt dyno it, it did run and breath better. I also had just a magnaflow muffler put on for sound! The car ran great I now have an 08 HHR SS I too now want to see #'s from this company because our turboed engines are far more picky about what we do to them!!! No one has proven even with mods that our computer wont just adjust back and therefore all is a waste of money
Old 06-07-2008, 10:10 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by white heat
You want a larger diameter exhaust from the turbo back to get faster turbo spool up and get to your power quicker, in other words less turbo lag.
That statement isn't universally true, and it doesn't address the many parameters that lead to "quicker power" and "less turbo lag." Just want to make sure other readers don't get off track by the "bigger is always better" message.

Quick Reply: SS Exhaust & Intake Kit is out