Replacing Lower Control Arms - Page 13 - Chevy HHR Network

"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Old 01-10-2018, 11:43 AM   #121

Great tutorial. Thank you for that. Watching Youtube videos gave me the confidence to do it. Your tutorial gave me the right torque for each bolt that wasn't in any of the videos.

I have not done this job yet but have the Aluminum LCAs ordered from Rock Auto.

One question: I'm not sure if there was conflicting information in this thread regarding alignment or if I misunderstood (probably the latter). When the shop does an alignment on the HHR, do they adjust the caster, camber and toe or just the toe?
vogtrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #122
Technical Moderator

The only adjustment available on a stock HHR is toe. Some have had an after market kit installed for camber. Caster is determined by the uni-body.

If the car has never been re-aligned it does not need regular alignments. If it was aligned with worn (not necessarily worn out) parts it will need to go in regularly and after parts are replaced.
donbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:12 AM   #123
Premium Member

Hell, I have never had the car aligned, and about two months ago replaced the entire steering rack, rod ends and all, and still didn't need an alignment.
aradmahogany is offline   Reply With Quote