"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Wax your HHR

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 05:36 AM
jx3

Originally Posted by nfboy
Just easier to use Mother's Back to Black IMHO.
I think so also.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by nfboy
Just easier to use Mother's Back to Black IMHO.
All mothers products!
Old 05-14-2007, 06:35 AM

Meguiars products and yeah, I bought the paint protector and spent 4 hours taking sap off of the vehicle after it was parked too near a pine tree...I think my dealership and I are about to have a warranty discussion about that issue and the interior protection package... The tape over the black trim is a god one and I found that the Meguiars tire cleaner does an excellent job keping the black hot and protected...
Old 05-14-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil

me 2...You can get it on all of the black surfaces, and nothing is left behind...I think it is actually a good thing to put a little protection on the black surfaces anyhow...
SAME HERE!!!!!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by johnnypatrick
When I purchased my HHR I bought some type of paint protector that supposedly protects your paint for five years and you don't have to wax it. I know I know how do you spell s....u...c...k...e...r!!!!!
Back in 1977 after I bought my new Datsun 280 Z I had my car 'Minged'. It was the hot thing for a while-the process involved smoothing the finish so it was microscopically flat. This way, no dirt could penetrate, making waxing unnecessary. In fact, they said that applying wax would ruin the 'Ming'. Needless to say, all of my friends made fun of me, and within a year my white car was looking dull and browinsh. The place had long since folded, so I began waxing the car and it looked great again. Several hundred dollars wasted
Old 05-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lee3333
Back in 1977 after I bought my new Datsun 280 Z I had my car 'Minged'. It was the hot thing for a while-the process involved smoothing the finish so it was microscopically flat. This way, no dirt could penetrate, making waxing unnecessary. In fact, they said that applying wax would ruin the 'Ming'. Needless to say, all of my friends made fun of me, and within a year my white car was looking dull and browinsh. The place had long since folded, so I began waxing the car and it looked great again. Several hundred dollars wasted
Lee, that's interesting. I remember that process well.

Had one friend with a new (1972) Orange Vette that had it done. He was told to use Pledge once a year to renew the shine. Because of health issues, he just sold it. Still looked brand new.

Another had a 1971-72 Green Ford Torino (?) and was told to use PLAIN furniture wax. He had the car several years and it looked reasonably good for the Mich rust belt.

But, I generally do not believe in the Paint Protection sold by dealers. Saw results of some tests done (although it was a while back), that indicated they are not worth the cost.

The once a year detail, with slight "touch-ups in between, appear to be the best...IMO.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:33 PM

Oh but it is availablesystem 1 wax mentioned in earlier post)

http://www.polishandwax.com/index.htm
Old 06-10-2007, 02:36 PM

I like REJEX. Zaino, Pinnacle, REJEX are popular over on corvetteforum.com

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

http://www.corrosionx.com/
Old 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Bertland
Here a tips when you wax your HHR,

Apply masking tape on vinyl & rubber trims and strippe, that way you wont have white depot of dry wax that doen want to come of....

Just thought I'd point out that Bert won "Best In Class" for the 2000-Present class at the GM Powertrain Auto Show in Buffalo last weekend.

Guess that shows that he knows a thing or three about making a car look good!
Old 09-04-2007, 06:56 AM

I use Mother's Showroom Polish--I don't know how many people have come up to me and asked what I use.