"How To" Tutorial Library Write tips and instructions on how to install parts or fix problems. This is for detailed "How To's" only, not a forum to ask how to do something. Please post those questions in appropriate forums.

Wax your HHR

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM

Zymol is really nice wax. For getting off of trim etc I use plain ole armor all. Works well on smooth surfaces.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:39 AM
Ern

Just be easy on the tape removal if its on paint. Ive seen it remove clear before.
Old 12-25-2007, 05:41 AM

Liquid Waxing

I also use the Turtle wax ICE and clay bar I even have the spray wax, none of these products seem to make me happy, I don’t believe the liquid wax is as effective as original thick creamy stuff. Also when I applied the liquid wax to the rubber moldings of my HHR at first it looked great but after about a week I noticed the sun seemed to have caused the rubber to bubble up and lose color. Now when I finish washing I roll down the windows and polish the rubber with STP rubber polish so it looks like new again. Another part of my car that seems to have been ruined is the black plastic of my running boards, when I was waxing I dripped some wax on them and the spots looked nice and dark so I spread the wax all over the black panel and after about a month I saw noticeable discoloration. Do remember I live in SUNNY south California where the temperature reaches about 115 degrees Fahrenheit. This liquid wax stuff seems to me like a hype for lazy people, I suggest taking your time with the thick creamy wax and a buffer and of course protect your plasic .

_ My dad always said, The lazy man works twice.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Ern

There is no difference between liquid paste or wax. Its just for different types of application. Less is more. Use wax/sealant so thin that it doesnt look like your applying any at all. Less work and better on the bottle. No need to waste. Alot of the over the counter stuff is hype anyways. Some is really good. Most is lower end for the consumer.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 AM

Liquid glass is the best that I've ever seen. It's expensive but worth it. My dad has a Escalade (2000) and applys liquid glass to it about 4 times a year and the paint looks better than new. It looks deep and wet.
Scott